Vfapi Codec

Fyvve

Website
Visit site
i am trying to go from a dvd to my gp32. I ripped with smartripper and then used dvd2avi to make a project file. Now i want to framserve with vfapi converter but i cant get it to open my d2v file. It gives some weird error message with alot of !!!! in it. I clicked on the .bat that came in the zip to install the codec but it still wont work. I tried all the usual things like restarting and such to no avail. Anyhelp is greatly appreciated. Thanks

1. i STRONGLY SUGGEST you usnig the search funktion
2. blow away vfapi and use virtualdub mod instand

ps: google is your friend

I know about virtualdubmod but there is no audio options in that. I searched on the board for help on that too but didnt find any. I know how to do it with vfapi so i wanted to know how to fix that rather than learn something new (God forbid.)

k, i notice to not help you again.
you have to ba able to take flames if you arent able to read the manual.

Its not about reading the manual. I didnt ever ask for virtualdub help i asked for help with vfapi. i can take flames if i deserve them but i did search the forums and i dont want to use virtualdubmod. i dont know why you cant just be polite and not say anything if you cant just be helpful. I'd have rathered you didnt reply because you didnt help.

i am trying to go from a dvd to my gp32. I ripped with smartripper and then used dvd2avi to make a project file. Now i want to framserve with vfapi converter but i cant get it to open my d2v file. It gives some weird error message with alot of !!!! in it. I clicked on the .bat that came in the zip to install the codec but it still wont work. I tried all the usual things like restarting and such to no avail. Anyhelp is greatly appreciated. Thanks

What version of dvd2avi are you using? Maybe the vfapi converter program only supports d2v files created with the older 1.76 version of dvd2avi.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think its a problem with dvd2avi because in the vfapi converter where it should have the file types in a drop down box there is nothing. Its just blank.

Last edited by a moderator:
i tried using avi synth but i get an error about not being able to load my d2v file. I put in the script to loadplugin("mpeg2dec") or what ever its called so thats not the problem. I think its because i have the wrong version of dvd2avi. i think i need ver 1.76 but i cant find it anywhere evcept in some rippack. I dont want that because it takes too long to download over a dial up. I found some modded versions of dvd2avi as well and they may be based on 1.76 but i dont know. Anyone know where i can get the regular 1.76 alone?

I havent searched for this yet so i will accept flaming but what is the highest framrate gpcinema can handle at 166?

Back