VirtualDub HELP!

zboy9

かっこいいね。
:eek: HELP
When I tried to open a video file in virtual dub, it gave me this....

"Couldn't locate depressor format for "MPG4""
"Virtual Dub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. Direct show codecs, such as those used by Windows Media, are not suitable. "

WHAT SHOULD I DO? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. THAT IS A LOT OF DOWNLOADS WASTED IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED. I'M DESPERATE!!!!!!!

How do you install the codec pack becuase I downloaded it? Thanks for replying.

well.. double-click ucp610_1510en_full_win98me2kxp.exe and choose what codecs you want.
I installed everything except older avi codecs :)

ALso do I need to install the divx 4.12 that I downloaded? Thanks a lot for the help. YOu're a life saver.

If you don´t see divx 4.12 in the video compression list in Virtual Dub.. then install it.
No prob m8 ;) I´ve been sitting w this a bit.. my GP arrives hopefully this week :)

Downloading the codec pack from Entware is right.It's a fairly big download-a tad under 30MB-but it will cover pretty much all bases.
If someone has installed the pack and still has problems opening video files they could download Gspot.It will tell them what codec was used to encode the file.
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Thanks very much everyone for the quick speedy response. You all helped very much. Thanks again. GO GP32!!!!! :D

I am also having a little bit of trouble... i read somewhere that i need to use codec 4.12, and i installed it, but then i installed divx 5.0, as that is wut i used when i captured the video. and it says i needed it. but when i installed 5.0, it does not let me select 4.12 as my codec anymore, is there anyway to have both, or does moviepark work with 5.0?

Back