Volume Up Is Stuck

dochuge

Still Fresh
Hey all,

I still have and love this little handheld but the volume up is stuck. Is there any work around? I know there is a newer firmware I don't have but I was wondering if there was some other way to control the volume on the wiz. Thanks.

On the Wiz, volume control is implemented individually by each application, not the hardware or even firmware. So ultimately, any workaround will depend on how the applications/games you run are behaving.

I would try to find an application that lets you control the volume without using the buttons (ie in an options menu etc). The volume settings *may* stick accross applications and maybe even reboots, but it will depend on the applications involved.

Edit: Fixed formatting. Is it just me, or is the quick reply feature broken?

Thanks,

Yes I'm not sure if the new firmware has some touchscreen volume control or not. It sucks for snes emulation since you have to hit both volume buttons to go back to the menu screen. So I have to turn the wiz on and off to load games, all other emulators work fine even if I can't crank up the volume. I was thinking about a replacement but are people really selling these now for $400? I really like this little thing but it's a rarity, got it for xmas about five or six years ago or so.

Sqdef (built-in game) shows a volume bar, you could use that to test if there's anything wrong with your volume buttons.

Back