W00T! Got my GP32 now.

NssOne

I am One with the DarkNss
Website
www.gp32us.com
Yeah, I got my SMCs yesterday, and just got the GP32 today. Now I'm going through the registration process. There's a little dust on it, but I think it's just underneath the protective film. I don't see any trapezoid effect either, unless people are talking about the small reflection thing, but it doesn't bug me. So yeah, took like a week to get it, which is alright for everything being free shipping.

So, I rate www.the-discount-shop.com an A-, only becuase the GP32 was still $230. (I'm a stingy bastard)

And www.openlinx.com I give an A for the free shipping and great price on 128MB SMCs. they would've gotten an A+ if they didn't raise the price of their 128MB SMCs a dollar since I bought from them.

I think you are the first person I have heard from that has tried out the discount shop. I will assume that you bought a flu gp32 because that seems like a ton of money if it isn't. I think mine was $181 total for the regular gp32 from lik-sang including shipping.

NssOne, you're not the only one to have this problem. Apparently the manual writer and artist didn't have very good communication, because the SMC in the illustrations is happily floating in and out of the system pointed the wrong way. What a headache.

Every problem but this one seems to be covered on gp32emu.com's FAQ and various other resources.

Have fun dude!

edit: I changed the word "faced" to "pointed" for clarity.

If you put it in so it matches the little symbol on the back of the GP32 itself, you can't go wrong :) i.e. Looking at the back of your GP32, the notch is to the bottom right (as I recall - my card is in at the moment so it is covering the little diagram...

Yeah, I got everything working. Got Doom, Wolf3d and GPengine on there right now. Don't know what else to try right now. Thinking about downloading Dungeon and Guarder and GP Fight. Those games are only like 10 dollars each. That's cheaper than most GBA games.

isn´t there a small picture on the actual Gp32 on how to insert the smc? I think it is, I´ll have to turn the Gp32 off to check and I don´t want to do taht.

NiN^_^NiN posted on Jul 18 2003 said:
u must get GPPANG this game is so damn cool and so addictive :blink:

Its a free game was made by some1 i for get the name but it is a GREAT game its a must for any smc

:ph34r:
Thanks for this tip, I had completely forgotten about this game because it came out around the time I first got my GP32 and I was too busy messing around with all the different emulators to give it a try.

I just tried GPPang and it is indeed great - the best GP32 game I have seen. I bought Pinball Dreams and that was okay but not a patch on this. Anyway, I second this recommendation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i love it altho now im addicted :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

But another game thats pretty good is avoid its simple game u just move your ship around the screen while ALOT of small rocks fly around and i mean ALOT u have to dodge them. I played it i died then i restarted my gp32 then i coudlnt help but to play it again.

Got some good music and the soundaffects are ok its good to play if your batteries are almost dead it runs at a really low mhz :)

I must find the authour of gp PANG and thank him its from crossover dev so it might be froma few people

:ph34r:

Back