Wad Help

cellofan

Still Fresh
Sorry but what is WAD???
When i launch doom in gp32 ask me WAD where can i found????????
Thanx a lot

Before the screaming hordes of the forums get at you for not reading around (they can be a little tetchy), a WAD; in simple terms;is a file that contains all the important information for you to be able to play the game. For instance all the levels, sounds etc. Basically it is the game. The GPDoom simply allows your GP32 to recognise the WAD and play it on your GP32. (It has the extension *.wad).

With a game such as Doom you can get the WAD from a freeware version of the game available online (this is not the full version and does not have all the levels) or the file is available on the original disks from the commercial game (you will have to search ebay or retro game shops for the stuff). They're maybe other ways of obtaining the WAD but I couldn't possibly comment ;)

GPDoom supports Doom I and II TNT and Plutonia. In addition you can also use PWADs to play other forms of the game that have been made up by enthusiasts. Checkout Drumaster's site for examples of this.

Hope this is of some help....

WrongEyedJesus

he just told you :huh: A WAD is a package file containing graphics, sounds, and level data for use with Doom, Doom 2, Ultimate Doom, and Final Doom. You need a full version of the original PC versions of any of these, and copy your WAD files to your GP32 to play Doom on your GP

thanx for description but i'haven't doom for PC where can i found Wad in internet??????
If anyone send me my e-mail is elluzing@tiscalinet.it
Thanx for all

thanx for description but i'haven't doom for PC where can i found Wad in internet??????
If anyone send me my e-mail is elluzing@tiscalinet.it
Thanx for all
That's warez. You can't ask for that here I'm afraid. You can buy it at the official doom page though if you meant you wanted to pay for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys on the GP32eu site there is a mod called hacx andI want it and its in the freeware section and the new version of Doom was released so I decided to try both. I put the hacx.wad file into game/doom and it didnt work so I renamed it to doom.wad and it didn't work again, what is wrong?

Back