Wanted: Psp With 1.5 Firmware

who will sell me a psp with 1.50 firmware? how much?
(will except special edition firmwares, and will pay more for PSPs w/ modchip already installed)

thanks

.. have you checked out your local EB Games, Gamestop or similar places? Just ask to look at the PSP before you buy it, and boot it up to see what FW it has ... anything 2.71 or less, and you're golden ;)

(Also check the motherboard, inside the USB slot, look on the left and right side .. if there are numbers/letters on the right, it's the newer MB which is not homebrew friendly, and needs a special downgrade to get HB to run)

Good Luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh. Well .. how 'bout Kmart? They may have some older stock laying around .. with earlier FW installed .. maybe?

Yeah, fuck Ebay, it's flooded with PSPs with FW2.8 and higher ;)

.. how's about Walmart?
Circuit City?

You can tell what firmware is on the PSP by looking at the PSP's retail box:
Goto a place like Gamestop / EBGames / BestBuy...
On the box where the UPC is, there's the voltage listed. Directly under that is a letter that tells you which firmware version is in it.

You can now downgrade 2.71 and 2.80 with or without the once dreaded TA-82 motherboard.
The firmware letter I got was a "K" which means 2.71, it's still very popular especially with PSP Core Packs (the $200 one).
To downgrade I suggest going to www.dcemu.co.uk and following the Dark Alex downgrader threads. It's actually fairly easy. It was easier to downgrade a 2.71 with TA-82 than without a TA-82 it seems. :)

If you need a full list of firmware version letters there's a big thread on it, sadly it's at www.maxconsole.com

Hope this helps. :)

You're still crying? :)

Well, I'm guessing that since you said, "
*still crying*
" that you haven't gotten a new PSP to downgrade. You'll need one that actually functions-- and read the README about three to five times before doing it.
yeah its fun the downgrader i used was th only one i couldn't recite the readme by memory :/
i'm gonna get a mod-chip installed so this NEVER happens again *sob :p 8

Back