Warning: Brittle Plastic Battery Cover

klapse

Central Scrutinizer
To all black case Pandora owners: be careful when you insert and close the battery cover - be sure all 3 tabs at bottom are aligned and inserted into the matching slots before closing the cover.

Yesterday I hurriedly closed the cover, and the tab closest to the battery contact was not properly inserted and broke off.

Hopefully dragonbox.de will soon have replacement covers in stock!

Sure you haven't got hands like Conan the Barbarian?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine broke a tab off too in a similar fashion.

One of mine broke - though I don't know how. ED replaced it when the Pandora was back for repairing the LCD cable

When funds permit I'll be upgrading to a 1Ghz unit so I'll get it sorted then.

Broke one of my tabs as well, Super Glue (Krazy Glue in the US) fixed it just fine.

Part of the reason one of my tabs broke off was this: The battery does not fit tightly in the compartment and i was getting reboots due to loss of contact when I bumped the contact or let the lid snap closed. To prevent this, I had placed a folded piece of paper between lid and battery, to hold it more firmly in place -- this extra width caused the misalignment when I closed the cover.

It would probably be better to glue a very thin strip of foam on top the battery.

Even better would be if newer batteries could be manufactured with a couple millimeter more length and perhaps 1mm more width so that they do not lose contact with the power pins when bumped.

Is there any estimate of when Ed's shop will begin selling replacement parts? I know he is terribly busy.

I have always been super careful with my battery cover.very gingerly remove it. In fact im super careful with my pandora also.

when ED replaced mine, I had the impression this really might be a regular problem. I had it loose for roughly a year. It was fully functional, but since it's replaced, the whole device feels much more solid.

The one my (black) Pandora originally came with has a broken tab, though it still works, so I ordered a new (silver) one from ED. It looks very weird, and at a glance, the silver cover almost looks like duct tape. But at least it makes me feel less nervous.

Back