What Can't It Do?

josafisch

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I don't know if this is the right place for this but i was looking around the boards and couldn't find any answers. So what can't the gp32_console do? Just what are it's limitations? N64, Playstation, Gamecube? I have a Blu+ and it definitly out performs my GBA SP and seems to be faster and more capable at many things that i can't even see my DS doing. Could it handle the more 3D games like Zelda Ocrina of Time or Mario 64? Just wondering and if things are possible is anyone trying to emulate them?

Just a few questions i had...

It depends on how the games themselves are built. Obviously, Nintendo 64 emulation is out of the picture as that machine is a hell of a lot more powerful than the GP32 (cue fanboys).

Could you write a good software renderer for the GP32 and write decent-looking 3D games that way? Yeah, of course you could. Your performance would definitely be hampered by the machine, but we built decent 3D engines back in 1985 on the Atari 800; I'm sure something much better could be produced on this little ARM9 (check the tech demos available).

Back