What game would you like to see?

It sounds like great fun - I can't wait to see how it turns out.
I hope it is too.

I've had this crazy idea about changing the way you play it slightly - so you control more like an RTS. Taking Starcraft 2 as a metaphor, you'd have your marines/robbers, you load up into the medivac/getaway car, then you click your points to drive etc.

It sounds great, until you think about when the police are chasing you, you lose that "micro-control" over the car.

Though the RTS idea would be interesting to explore (maybe it would spawn another project somewhere down the line?), I think the game as described would probably be better as an action game, personally. :p

It sounds like great fun - I can't wait to see how it turns out.
I hope it is too.

I've had this crazy idea about changing the way you play it slightly - so you control more like an RTS. Taking Starcraft 2 as a metaphor, you'd have your marines/robbers, you load up into the medivac/getaway car, then you click your points to drive etc.

It sounds great, until you think about when the police are chasing you, you lose that "micro-control" over the car.
You could set up the instructions as a virtual class and then switch the instruction set when you go into chase mode. A possible explanation for the change in controls would be a GPS-based navigation system that accepts commands from a robber's smart phone. At the right time, flash a message stating "Resuming Manual Control In 3...2...1," swap the pointers, and it's back to action.

Edit: Nevermind. Since there are only two instruction types, it would probably be better to use a flag to switch between two functions built directly into the class.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Gerix: Sounds sweet. Tell me more... Im a big Gauntlet fan and knowing another guy shares the same obsession I have is great.

@Gerix: Sounds sweet. Tell me more... Im a big Gauntlet fan and knowing another guy shares the same obsession I have is great.
But please move that to a seperate thread or private conversation. thx

Back