Pandora What would you like to see on the Pandora?

Does anyone know What the part number, Manufacturer etc... The NAND is on their pandora? Because i get the idea im sure i could buy a 2Gb version of the nand and solder it in as a replacement?

Last edited by a moderator:
well then: zuk. Sod a dock, just glue a psp charger to a usb hub:

video out, controllers, harddisks, optical drives, ethernet, webcam, the lot :p

---

*Brain storms**

Id like to see,

-A webcam (That would be sweet!)

-Upgradable battery sizes (9cell, 10cell, 12cell etc)
my plan is a 3Ah battery compartment, and clip on 3Ah battery packs, but craig says he has something better up his sleeve

---

Does anyone know What the part number, Manufacturer etc... The NAND is on their pandora? Because i get the idea im sure i could buy a 2Gb edition and solder it in as a replacement?
sorry, no hope, I'm pretty sure its all BallGridArray stuff so you can't get at the pins, because they are vertically soldered onto the top of the next layer down, also, you'd need a microscope and the world's steadiest hands! Or something like that... :unsure:

well then: zuk. Sod a dock, just glue a psp charger to a usb hub:

video out, controllers, harddisks, optical drives, ethernet, webcam, the lot :p

I'm not against some wireless controllers. If they made a controller that was basically the form of the bottom of the Pandora without the screen (keyboard, nubs, controls) that ran on blue tooth I would be down with that. Perhaps the charger for that would go on the dock as well. :D

Does anyone know What the part number, Manufacturer etc... The NAND is on their pandora? Because i get the idea im sure i could buy a 2Gb version of the nand and solder it in as a replacement?

It's on an MCM with the SDRAM that is on a PoP on top of the SoC. Replacing that chip (which would also mean replacing the RAM) is pretty much impossible.

heres one i would like to see.

for OPT to offer a pandora for one penny, with a $79.99/month contract for 2 years to help sell it to the average consumer

heres one i would like to see.

for OPT to offer a pandora for one penny, with a $79.99/month contract for 2 years to help sell it to the average consumer

Lol... You do realize that $80x24=$1920? I think id rather pay the $450 Than the contract thing xD

thats the sad part. i think people would flock to the $79.99/month price and would praise what kind of computer they got for one penny

Back