Whats In Your Future Pandora/gadget Bag?

Koss Sparkplugs, a wireless Logitech PC controller (it's identical to the one for the PS2) and I might buy an external hard drive (I already have a Toshiba, but it's not externally powered) and keep it next to my television for those bigger games/movies that I can't fit on my SD cards (cough, PS1 iso's).

Here are my future carrying arrangements. :)

1x Pandora in left trouser pocket, 1x mobile phone in right trouser pocket, 1x joystick in middle trouser pocket. ;)

TaG said:
^Sorry, I don't get it - thats a lot of stuff to carry (and buy). By the time you've put it all together it takes up as much/more space than a laptop.
Images are not to scale. That is just a concept, most of the items are about the size of a usb stick.

I've got everything pictured except the flash drive, sd cards and carrying case, and of course the pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
CandidStan said:
...small but usable usb keyboard...
...ultra slim card reader...
...USB Slim DVD±RW...
CandidStan said:
...most of the items are about the size of a usb stick...

I guess the three items above are the ones that add bulk, being somewhat bigger than a usb stick.
This is where we all have different perceptions of what we will use Pandora for - I was thinking more of it going pretty much everywhere with me in my pocket, which I can't do with a laptop or most UMPCs and I certainly can't get a UMPC + gaming device (psp/ds) + wallet + keys + phone etc. To me the portability is a major factor.
CandidStan said:
I've got everything pictured except the flash drive, sd cards and carrying case, and of course the pandora.

In which case I can see why you would want to use what you already have.
It will be interesting to see what we do actually use two months after taking delivery.

TaG said:
CandidStan said:
...small but usable usb keyboard...
...ultra slim card reader...
...USB Slim DVD±RW...
CandidStan said:
...most of the items are about the size of a usb stick...

I guess the three items above are the ones that add bulk, being somewhat bigger than a usb stick.
This is where we all have different perceptions of what we will use Pandora for - I was thinking more of it going pretty much everywhere with me in my pocket, which I can't do with a laptop or most UMPCs and I certainly can't get a UMPC + gaming device (psp/ds) + wallet + keys + phone etc. To me the portability is a major factor.
CandidStan said:
I've got everything pictured except the flash drive, sd cards and carrying case, and of course the Pandora.

In which case I can see why you would want to use what you already have.
It will be interesting to see what we do actually use two months after taking delivery.
I will be using the Pandora by itself other then carrying all these things with it. However I think most of these accessories are pretty practical to carry around (NO I don't mean the Hand Warmer).

Hmm, I don't really get the portable dvd drive thing. I think that with the massive amounts of flash storage available, it's just easier to use that. I have a dvd drive on my media/desktop pc, but not on anything else, including my laptop, I just don't need one that often.

... unless you're planning on ripping dvds to your flash drives on the go, that would be pretty cool, even though you'd only be able to get 1 or 2 dvds to a 16gb card.

emil10001 said:
... unless you're planning on ripping dvds to your flash drives on the go, that would be pretty cool, even though you'd only be able to get 1 or 2 dvds to a 16gb card.
I'm planning on getting a portable USB DVD drive, but not for the Pandora - for my Eee PC. If for no other reason that to install different OSes. (Eventually, I'm putting Leopard on the thing.) But, I don't plan on taking the DVD drive with me much at all. And I wouldn't use the Pandora or an Eee PC to rip DVDs - I'd use my MacBook (and Handbrake).

chad78 said:
I'm planning on getting a portable USB DVD drive, but not for the Pandora - for my Eee PC. If for no other reason that to install different OSes. (Eventually, I'm putting Leopard on the thing.) But, I don't plan on taking the DVD drive with me much at all. And I wouldn't use the Pandora or an Eee PC to rip DVDs - I'd use my MacBook (and Handbrake).

Huh?
And the relevance on a Pandora forum is...?

The question was that's in your gadget bag. I will probably buy a portable DVD burner for my pandora, though. (I always carry a bag with me anyway, so I might as well)

emil10001 said:
Hmm, I don't really get the portable dvd drive thing. I think that with the massive amounts of flash storage available, it's just easier to use that. I have a dvd drive on my media/desktop pc, but not on anything else, including my laptop, I just don't need one that often.

Its more for backing up data, if you read it says its DVD+-RW, so its a burner.

For those of you who didn't see that the case is bigger, here's another shot of it.
medianlnd9.jpg

emil10001 said:
How are you getting that? Are you thinking of ripping straight ISO's? There's just no reason when you have a Core Duo processor and software like HandBrake at *cough* hand.

Back