Where Is The Hole For The Battery Charger?

restless1

Still Fresh
MMM i hope i am not screwing up first topic I have ever written so if i am in error Please delete it..
What type of charger does the Pandora come with(I am in The US) and where does it connect to the Pandora...
or do you have to take the battery out to charge it externally...
And are there any plans for an external charger if not.!!
I did a search but I must admit to be very new to this and just found info on the batteries thats all...
Thanks!

Thanks I did not see it on the pictures of the case and was just wondering in case I had to purchase one or if since it was designed in the UK if I needed a special type of adapter! to work with US plugs ...

Restless said:
or do you have to take the battery out to charge it externally...
The battery cover will be held on by screws so the battery will typically be left in to charge. So like previously stated, the pandora will come with a AC adapter that plugs into the unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
I believe it can also be charged/powered via USB
It can be charged from USB but not powered. So you will not be able to charge the pandora though USB while using it.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure this has been confirmed.

EDIT: spelling !

Mithrildor said:
Is the charger usable in the NL? Or do I have to buy a PSP charger?

The charger is a smart 110/220 switchy charger things that can plug into either standard. All it needs is a different plug for the outlet, and you should be able to get those from most electronic stores.

WizardStan said:
Mithrildor said:

The charger is a smart 110/220 switchy charger things that can plug into either standard. All it needs is a different plug for the outlet, and you should be able to get those from most electronic stores.
As someone who's tried to find a Canada->Netherlands plug converter in the Netherlands and failed miserably I have to say it might not be that easy. Of course, I live in Limburg where things can be a little retarded. You may have to order one of these online somewhere. At least from what I've found most electronics stores sell plenty of plugs to convert from the country they're in to anything else, but not the other way around.

Personally I'm just using my PSP charger.

I expect Pandora to be delivered with either a localised charger plug or a general purpose charger with adapters like the one from my old Asus PocketPC. There shouldn't be a need to purchase an additional adapter separately.

Eniko said:
As someone who's tried to find a Canada->Netherlands plug converter in the Netherlands and failed miserably I have to say it might not be that easy. Of course, I live in Limburg where things can be a little retarded. You may have to order one of these online somewhere. At least from what I've found most electronics stores sell plenty of plugs to convert from the country they're in to anything else, but not the other way around.

http://international-electrical-supplies.c...g-adapters.html
Do the outlets actually look like this? Because the local dollar store sells the #6. But then again, I'm in Canada, so I guess that makes sense, like you say.
The airport would definitely sell what you need, though probably at a premium.
Anywho, I can't find the original post, but I remember it mentioned that the plug is a standard figure 8 plug. That's something that should be easy to get at any electronics store. You could probably use the one off your PSP charger, although I suppose if you're doing that already, may as well do what you're doing and actually use your PSP charger.

Eniko said:
WizardStan said:
Mithrildor said:

Personally I'm just using my PSP charger.
I don't live in the Randstad (large area of multiple city's i nthe Netherlands) too , but I live in Nijmegen , which is pretty big (for NL standards XD), so I hope I will find one. Else I order a PSP charger online (more costs yay)

Not sure why they would ship with a canadian socket...
I can imagine the PS will simply use an external mains cable and you can get any cable for that fairly cheap in local stores... Just like most laptops, they simply schip an other "end" cable who has at the other end always the same plug to go into the PS itself

Creature XL said:
As I am from Germany, I order via ED's shop.
I am pretty sure he is clever enuff to ship a german adapter with it.
Then ED should give everyone who ordered at openpandora.org and lives in germany or the netherlands one of these to, same plugs in the Netherlands as in germany.

Polossatik said:
Just for reference, Canadian sockets and voltage are the same as American. We can't afford for our American visitors to dislike us because we ruined their electronics while on vacation. :)

Polossatik said:
In case this is referring to what I said, that was an anecdote unrelated to the Pandora about a piece of hardware a friend mailed me at some point. It was mostly to illustrate that it can be a pain to find a converter for a different nationality than your own to your own.

Back