Which Big-Name Game Developer Would Consider The Pandora Seriously?

SomeGuy99 said:
Oh yeah? What's he doing for Apple then?

I would imagine some more music visualisers. Last I checked, Itunes only came with two. But to be honest, I was never turned on by his 360 ones.

They should include Tempest 2000 as an Easter Egg ;)

Space Giraffe. Gridrunner ++++ and some more music visualisers.

lol@T2K as an easter egg - it's the guys whole career.... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfathomable Depths said:
SomeGuy99 said:
Oh yeah? What's he doing for Apple then?

I would imagine some more music visualisers. Last I checked, Itunes only came with two. But to be honest, I was never turned on by his 360 ones.

They should include Tempest 2000 as an Easter Egg ;)

Space Giraffe. Gridrunner ++++ and some more music visualisers.

lol@T2K as an easter egg - it's the guys whole career.... ;)

Come on now, be fair. There was Tempest 3000.

Dear Nuon, making a note here: Huge Success.

Didn't Space Giraffe get really crap reviews? I seem to recall he got all publicly defensive about it.

NLS said:
Lol, let John Romero port Daikatana to the Pandora.
I was thinking that either John Romero or George Brussard would be the most likely, although John Carmack tends to do things like that as a hobby. The other two probably couldn't get anything finished on a more complicated system. The GBA version of Daikatana was actually kind of fun.

I have to admit getting the original version of Duke Nukem if-ever for Pandora would be pretty amazing. It's sort of ironic given that there's at least 3 different versions of the game basically completed that we haven't even gotten one as a demo. And that nobody has managed to secure the existing code.

SomeGuy99 said:

Didn't Space Giraffe get really crap reviews? I seem to recall he got all publicly defensive about it.

You'd think guys like Yak would be all over the Pandora, but no, they like to get paid $3 a download to a dwindling audience.

SomeGuy99 said:

You'd think guys like Yak would be all over the Pandora, but no, they like to get paid $3 a download to a dwindling audience.

One of us should post on his forum (which btw is a very strange place. I find the idea of a person-centric forum weird in the first place).

For someone who started as an indie dev with high ideals, he sells out with ease.
He has to make a living, as do we all, but the tortured artist shit he comes out with... He's the Michael Jackson of video game devs - kicked out a couple of good beats in the 80s but sold his soul in the 90s.

Fucking shame he can't get back to his roots.

As Marvin said, 'What's Going On?'

Me and Dunny have been doing that for ages. To no reply.

For someone who started as an indie dev with high ideals, he sells out with ease.
He has to make a living, as do we all, but the tortured artist shit he comes out with... He's the Michael Jackson of video game devs - kicked out a couple of good beats in the 80s but sold his soul in the 90s.

Fucking shame he can't get back to his roots.

Couple of Marvin Gaye numbers....

benny.jpg

Hey man, I got five four hundred llamas and sheep kids to feed!

Cameleon said:
I don't know whey the indie scene isn't being looked at for Pandora.
^ This

... and exactly what skeezix said. Essentially big-name companies won't even bat an eye to Pandora, unless there is some super-easy way of porting something they already have made for a similar system with a much larger user base. And when I say "easy", I'm saying like a couple weeks, max, with one programmer working on the side, for basically nothing.

These days I seem to prefer indie games to most professionally-produced games. Not only are most of them free, but most off them are of the "because we wanted to" variety, as opposed to the "because it makes money" variety. Big name companies make games that they feel will sell well, otherwise they're taking a gamble that they know they can stand to lose money on, if they have to. Indies make what they want, how they want to. They might not have the best graphics or the highest production values, but you'll never find a big-name company making a game about a man who flies by massive amounts of poo coming out of his butt (it's a real game, and it's actually really fun).

Cameleon said:

The thing that baffles me most is it being totally ignored by mainstream media here in Britain. Usually the BBC love stories like the Pandora.

Flying under the radar can't be the plan, shurely?

Cameleon said:

The thing that baffles me most is it being totally ignored by mainstream media here in Britain. Usually the BBC love stories like the Pandora.

Flying under the radar can't be the plan, shurely?

Craig said this is pissing him off and the BBC are licking Apple's fanny.

Their technology section is crap - all their articles are written by the same two people it seems.

Big companies? I kind of feel this is barking up the wrong tree a little. Maybe if the Pand keeps selling well, we can start this discussion!
Currently the best short-term action is for OPT to catch with all their preorders so that there is actually a userbase and then there is a little more to persuade smaller dev houses but big names are a lost cause right now, unless the company head says "yes we'll dev for the Pandora... why? because like it and I say we should. Mwahaha look at all my money!"*Dives into pool of money like Scrooge McDuck*

But don't you like living in the ghetto?

Imagine those Big Companies come in and release PES, Crysis and HalfLife3 for the Pandora?

I don't know if this some sort of irony (it doesn't come as trolling to me) but this seems a rather negative attitude. I think having those sorts of mainstream releases on the Pandora would be great benefit. There wouldn't really be a great deal to stop or suppress the homebrew side of the community in any case.

And all those games are very popular and well loved (the ones which are out now, anyway). I'm sure people would love to play them on their favourite machine.

I'm not personally a big fan of PES because I don't enjoy football games, but lots of people really dig that kind of thing.

Let's encourage Pandora development as much as possible eh? I don't think this community is a ghetto, more like a positive hive of like minded people.

Back