Which Console To Buy?

flipmode

Still Fresh
Just wondering which is the best one to buy? :rolleyes: My mate has a normal one no Backlight, etc, he says its ace :D Just wondering which is best before i buy B)

I'd buy 166mhz BLU if I were in your shoes there's nothing like playing civilization in bet before you fall asleep :p The BLU+ issue isn't real issue anymore, just opensnes doesn't work but yoyofr said he'll fix it soon...

flipmode posted on Apr 15 2005 at 11:45 AM said:
Should i go for guaranteed 166mhz version? B)

Go for the 166 MHz BLU. This way you will be done. Don't bother with FLUs or NLUs.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on Apr 15 2005 at 02:03 PM said:
Should i go for guaranteed 166mhz version?  B)

Go for the 166 MHz BLU. This way you will be done. Don't bother with FLUs or NLUs.

you will regret it if you dont :)

Nova posted on Apr 15 2005 at 02:09 PM said:
DaveC posted on Apr 15 2005 at 02:03 PM said:
Should i go for guaranteed 166mhz version?  B)

you will regret it if you dont :)

Yeah, Nova's deadhard!!!

If you can get a cheap FLU, dont hesitate. The difference between the FLU and the BLU isn;t quite as large as many seem to think, especially when you're doing what you're supposed to, and concentrating on the game!

I guess blu can't be played in the sun...
In that area, the reflective TFTs of the NLU and FLU are better.

pirloui posted on Apr 15 2005 at 09:15 PM said:
I disagree! I've been playing mine outside all week through extremely varying weather!
Get the angle right, and you can see it almost as clearly as if you were using the backlight.

markusdragon posted on Apr 15 2005 at 11:40 PM said:
I disagree! I've been playing mine outside all week through extremely varying weather!
Get the angle right, and you can see it almost as clearly as if you were using the backlight.
Thats a big 10-4
Ive never had trouble with it out side, just have to some times sit in weired positions.

Bourbon

If you play outside alot you could always get a spare NLU. I bet NLUs are dirt cheap these days. Use the BLU inside, and NLU outside.

@ Axeman I disagree 100% The difference in color saturation, contrast, eveness in lighting and dust factor is HUGE. I have had all versions of the GP32 and the BLU is far better when using the lights.

bourbon posted on Apr 16 2005 at 10:06 AM said:
markusdragon posted on Apr 15 2005 at 11:40 PM said:
Thats a big 10-4
Ive never had trouble with it out side, just have to some times sit in weired positions.

Bourbon
Most excellent :)
I have (so sadly) not reveived my BLU yet; but thought the BLU would be like the psp and ds and my powebook..
How can it be then? is it some voluntary technology?

I play my BLU outside all the time... much easier to see than the f'ing PSP is I'll tell you that!!!

Only downside to being outside is that the yellow tint of the screen cover is clearly visible and sort of annoying.

Back