Whitney Houston dead, aged 48

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
  • Pop music queen Whitney Houston dies aged 48
  • Cause and location of death unknown
  • Houston's publicist Karen Foster confirms death

Publicist Kristen Foster said Saturday that the singer had died, but the cause and the location of her death were unknown.

At her peak, Houston the golden girl of the music industry. From the middle 1980s to the late 1990s, she was one of the world's best-selling artists. She wowed audiences with effortless, powerful, and peerless vocals that were rooted in the black church but made palatable to the masses with a pop sheen.

http://www.news.com....9-1226268872564

album-waiting-to-exhale-original-soundtrack-album.jpg

Rest in Peace, Whitney...you will always be in my heart...

Last edited by a moderator:
Given the many many many years of total drug abuse, thats my guess.

She was big in the 80s for a couple of tracks, but I think she damaged her career soon after and never really made it back; its tough to stay on top, and doubly so when you're young and hit the top...

jeff

I read it here first, and that's the only shock about this story, also I just had to explain to my thirteen year old cousin (girl) who the hell she was.

I read it here first, and that's the only shock about this story, also I just had to explain to my thirteen year old cousin (girl) who the hell she was.

My girlfriend had to explain to me who she was.

'The one from that film'.

B3ta front page has a good parody right now.

Cause and location of death unknown?

So... has somebody found her body or not?
I'm pretty sure the police and those associated with the case know where and how, but her publicist is most likely keeping it quiet while investigations are completed, which typically suggests either foul play (which I believe they officially ruled out) or suicide.

Found in the bath, drowned allegedly, with 'prescription drugs' present.

Very sad and all that, but I can't help thinking her unintended legacy (and that of Mariah Carey) is the almost total obliteration of individuality in Female vocalists. Ever since 'that' song, it seems that legions of aspiring vocalists (any talent competition, take your pick) are compelled to bellow at maximum lung capacity and attempt to shoehorn as many fluctuating pitch changes into every single word as possible to prove their worth.

Last edited by a moderator:

'The one from that film'.

B3ta front page has a good parody right now.
OMFG Craigix, I have to admit that sometimes I'm glad you're exist.

Aren't you the real author of Cyanide & Happiness?

I don't (cannot) believe you. I hate everything about everything and try to ignore most stuff but even I know who she is/was (tiswas).

How can you have lived on this planet, in this country and never heard that god-awfull song, that warbles out "and IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEIIIIIOOO, WILL ALLLWAYS LOVE YOUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!"

Damn spot on whoever said that song (or her style) is responsible for a lot of the stupid warbling nonsense that dominates the likes of x-factor and the pop-stars talent shows.

Is it just me, but did that movie title "Waiting To Exhale", just remind them of what guys do when they get together in dorms, tents, lifts (elevators for our US friends) and play the farting game?

Back