Who Want's To Buy My Gp32?

Bluefrog

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
As sad as it may seem, I am done with my Gamepark, most of the stuff that's being developed for it are things I don't really find interesting... or old emulators that I still don't care for.

So, I've ordered a Psp instead, please don't hate me.

Anyway, I'm looking to unload my gamepark on someone more needy, maybe someone needs it for console development or something... are you guys still working on that?

My offer is 100 US dollars, or about 55 English Pounds. If you are interested, please contact me at Aaron@aaronvanderwyk.com and we can work something out.

I will accept payment via paypal.

sank you vely much

Doh! I forgot to describe it.

It's still in good condition, never owned it longer than a year really. It has the plastic screen it came with, the screen has some slight discoloration, but it doesn't affect the game when it's turned on. It can go up to about 166 mhz, and comes with two smc cards. A 16 mb and a 128 mb. The firmware is Slubman. I will include the usb cable and the wireless adapter thing it comes with for mulitplayer games.

If you have any other questions about it let me know.

Doh! I forgot to describe it.

It's still in good condition, never owned it longer than a year really. It has the plastic screen it came with, the screen has some slight discoloration, but it doesn't affect the game when it's turned on. It can go up to about 166 mhz, and comes with two smc cards. A 16 mb and a 128 mb. The firmware is Slubman. I will include the usb cable and the wireless adapter thing it comes with for mulitplayer games.

If you have any other questions about it let me know.

To be honest you wont be disappointed if you get a psp, but make sure you buy 1.00 or preferably 1.50 firmware version. You will then be able to run homebrew on your psp. To be honest homebrew on the psp has overtaken the gp32 now !!
Many quality emus and programs (can even turn the psp into a remote control).
I dont really see the gp2x being much better in the homebrew area compared to psp. spec isnt that much different in the way of processor power.

The gp32 is breathing its last breath, gone are the days when you could say its 10x more powerful than the current handheld. I dont use mine at all now but will still keep it because theres only 150.000 roughly made I beleive, it might be worth something someday to a collector or enthusiast.

Hopefully the community wont completely die though, that would be sad !!
Good luck selling your gp32 and hope you enjoy your psp (you will)

bumholesniffer posted on Sep 20 2005 at 10:51 PM said:
To be honest you wont be disappointed if you get a psp, but make sure you buy 1.00 or preferably 1.50 firmware version. You will then be able to run homebrew on your psp. To be honest homebrew on the psp has overtaken the gp32 now !!
I dont really see the gp2x being much better in the homebrew area compared to psp. spec isnt that much different in the way of processor power.

The gp32 is breathing its last breath, gone are the days when you could say its 10x more powerful than the current handheld. I dont use mine at all now but will still keep it because theres only 150.000 roughly made I beleive, it might be worth something someday to a collector or enthusiast.

You really are what your name says.
The majority of people owning a PSP can`t even use homebrew, it maybe never will be able to use it. With all those fw updates Sony keeps throwing in the way of homebrew it won`t be any better than the GP32.
Besides that, the majority of the psp scene is assholes and kiddies, I really prefer to stay with the gp32 and maybe future gp2x scene.
I`ll bet that the emus you will be able to play on the gp2x will atleast be as good as on the psp, because here is where the leet coders are :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Quiest posted on Sep 20 2005 at 05:12 PM said:
bumholesniffer posted on Sep 20 2005 at 10:51 PM said:

You really are what your name says.
The majority of people owning a PSP can`t even use homebrew, it maybe never will be able to use it. With all those fw updates Sony keeps throwing in the way of homebrew it won`t be any better than the GP32.
Besides that, the majority of the psp scene is assholes and kiddies, I really prefer to stay with the gp32 and maybe future gp2x scene.
I`ll bet that the emus you will be able to play on the gp2x will atleast be as good as on the psp, because here is where the leet coders are :D

which leads me to my question; why IS your name bumholesniffer? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you in UK or US, if UK I am considering selling my v1.0 PSP. Interested?

edit: Holy crap, I just saw one go on ebay for £270 + £20 P+P with one game :blink:

queist I agree with all of what you said includeing I am what my name is (lol).
The gp2x will have just as good emus as the psp, i never challenged that i just said it wouldnt be any different. I also agree the psp community is full of idiots.

I dont however agree with you when you said the rest of psp community (2.00 users) will not be able to enjoy homebrew. You see the psp is going to be the most popular handheld, I dont think theres any competion that even comes close !!
So it will attract hundreds up on hundred of bright people wanting to crack the thing wide open. The person who does this has many benefits includeing internet fame, fortune, personal and commercial gain.

I have never come across a machine yet that hasnt been defeated by the most determined includeing the more recent gamecube. It may be on hold for now but how long before some clever so and so becomes a thorn in sony backside again !!

p.s I like butts but dont really sniff them, I was drunk when I opened the account, seemed like a good idea to rest of the tame names out there. I will probably change it in time or open differnt account. Obviously it begging for abuse :lol:

one other point i forgot to mention the updates really dont matter to much when a firmware is cracked and you stick to it because there software to help you run commercial games without updateing !! Cant see any update really causeing much problems once you have a psp with a cracked firmware on it !!

New firmwares do add new API calls for developers to use. So if you use a 1.5 cracked PSP with the WAB version changer to 2.0, and a game that actually uses the developer features of the PSP 2.0, you either:

A) Update
B) Return the game
C) Do neither.

edit: godamn you emoticons....

The UMD emulator out there for the PSP allows you to emulate and create your own custom firmware. So in theory once a new firmware with API calls is out and has been dumped etc you could add the new stuff to your emulated firmware. Obviously this is still at the theoretical stage since nobody has dumped 2.0 yet but just for your information...

thats a interesting post ratx, very informative !! adds a some substance to the conversation !! I was thinking that they may do that eventually especially when they want to push the psp that little further. Something I have always wondered is will they ever use the full processing power of the psp !! As I have a 1.5 I have used 333mhz in emulation and frankley it is a battery buster. I can only get about 1 hour doing that. If the gp2x can go up 400mhz how long will its battery last ??
I do however think towards the end of its life this may become a reality but obviously games may be packed with a warning something like buy 3600 mah you fool :lol:

The future is bright, the future is psp !!

oh I agree with you that umd emu can probably have parts of the firmware incorporated into it but this will obviously like you said take time!!

I agree, nice information there ratx.. With the UMD emulator, can you actually run games off the UMD in the drive or do they have to be ISO images?

Back