Who Would Like To See A Better File And Menu Structure

I have been playing with the Caanoo alittle here and there when I can pry it out of my teenage sons hands I have a couple suggestions I have forwarded to GPH for the next firmware/os update I just wanted an idea if others agree.

I think we need to rename the Game folder to Games for one.

Two we need to add an Applications and Emulators folder also a Menu Icon for each.

This would allow for all emulators and roms to be stored in their own folder and have their on icon on the menu and the actual emulators listed in the sub menu like they do with games.

The same would be for Applications.

That way you wouldn't have to decipher which is a game, emulator, or application from one huge list under the Games sub menu

So on the main menu we would have

Applications

Games

Emulators

Just a thought and would make it more organized and less confusing for the new n00b end user.

Actually, this is what Gmenu2x is good for.
Gmenu2x is an alternative frontend that's been made for the GP2X, which is highly customisable.
You can skin the entire frontend, and make multiple folders, which you can organise applications into.
You can also manage individual applications, having custom volume and CPU clock settings, this is great for applications that need an extra boost, or even underclocking a program to preserve battery life.

ImL8C.png
OuibH.png
B2cO9.png

These are screenshots from my old installation on a GP2X F100. (The windows logo is ironic, I know)
It was made for the GP2X, and has already been ported to the Wiz and Dingoo, as well as acting as the frontend for Open2X.
I've asked for this to be ported to Caanoo, and Pickle has said it can be done easily. :)

RupeeClock said:
Actually, this is what Gmenu2x is good for.
Gmenu2x is an alternative frontend that's been made for the GP2X, which is highly customisable.
You can skin the entire frontend, and make multiple folders, which you can organise applications into.
You can also manage individual applications, having custom volume and CPU clock settings, this is great for applications that need an extra boost, or even underclocking a program to preserve battery life.

ImL8C.png
OuibH.png
B2cO9.png

These are screenshots from my old installation on a GP2X F100. (The windows logo is ironic, I know)
It was made for the GP2X, and has already been ported to the Wiz and Dingoo, as well as acting as the frontend for Open2X.
I've asked for this to be ported to Caanoo, and Pickle has said it can be done easily. :)

I know about Gmenu and like it but like how Dmenu looks and also would like GPH to do a menu for the Caanoo that users would like and would be less of a hassle as they are developing and fixing the firmware and the requests I made wouldn't be hard to implement

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to see someone experiment with replacing the GPH menu with something else like gmenu2X (as you could see from a topic I made in the Wiz forum) without any complications.

Back