*whoooosh*

Pirotic

Certified Guru
Hiya, just wanted to make a thread just to say thanks to DJWillis (the chap who coded ScumVM for GP32) for spending hours of his time helping me get a new development enviroment set-up.

i've switched from old SDKs, dodgy makefiles and GCC 3.0.2 to brand spanking new GC 3.4.4, an optimized makefile and Visual Studio for the IDE :)

Just compiled gigas with my new setup, and its twice as fast - the loading of maps and game data takes half the time, and in rooms full of enemies it doesn't slow down a single frame. the map loading window doesn't even pop up it loads it so fast.. yay!

anyway, as you can tell im dead chuffed, so three cheers for DJWillis as i'd of had no idea how to do it by myself.

Hey pirtic, just read ure thing in Marks mag, jyust wundering where in UK u live coz u mite find sum1 willing to meet u, get a couple of RF cables (1 each) so u can test ure multiplayer, if u lived near me i wud

Just save u buying another GP32 for something u wont make money from.

other option is to get evryone to donate a fiver or something so u can buy one of ebay or summit

mattmagoo posted on May 12 2004 at 08:37 PM said:
Hey pirtic, just read ure thing in Marks mag, jyust wundering where in UK u live coz u mite find sum1 willing to meet u, get a couple of RF cables (1 each) so u can test ure multiplayer, if u lived near me i wud

Just save u buying another GP32 for something u wont make money from.

other option is to get evryone to donate a fiver or something so u can buy one of ebay or summit
im in Scotland atm, just moved from Gloucester up here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im stupid excited about all you have in the pipelines, but I think you already know that. Keep up the good work. Im lookin to fuel your engine with some cool things im making. I think im going to work on some pretty things to give out before I start a project as I dont have time right now to get it all done.

Back