Wie entscheide ich, dass meine neue GP2x ein MK2 Model ist??

henrik

Still Fresh
Guten Tag, mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut. Eine ganze Thema in Deutsch zu schreiben ist schwierig für mich. Ich hoffe, dass Sie mir im Englisch helfen können. :)

Just bought a new GP2x and want to make sure I got what I paid for. Is there some foolproof way to verify that I have the new hardware?

(Better screen, improved joystick)

Because since I haven't had a GP2x MK1 I don't know if those things are the improved ones. :) That's why I wanted an MK2 specifically.

I've read the info on the wiki, which says better screen, improved joystick ;)

As far as I can tell from all the pictures on the internet, the only difference is the joystick caps and the two white dots where the power and battery lights are. And that's just the outside. I want to know that I have the new model screen and joystick inside.

Maybe some program I can run?

Thanks for answering imag!
imag said:
As I wrote above, I read that text and it said 'better screen' and 'better joystick'. I can't magically see or feel they are better, since I have nothing to compare to.
imag said:
Or confirm that the text on the bottom of the GP2X ist mostly in korean letters not in latin for beeing sure it's a mk2.
The bottom? You mean the label on the back? Well the label has mostly Korean letters: (I took some pictures)

http://coppershade.org/temp/MyGP2x-label-mini.jpg
http://coppershade.org/temp/MyGP2x-front-mini.jpg
http://coppershade.org/temp/MyGP2x-back-mini.jpg

There really is no way of verifying what screen you have? Some 'screen test' program?

I'm not overly suspicious, although the company selling it has made some untruthful claims, like the MK2 coming with FW 3.0 installed and '240MHz version'. But it wouldn't be very hard at all to change joystick cap and slap on a new sticker to make lots of money.

I found an obvious way to make sure I have the new screen - the new screen has a very narrow viewing angle! If you tilt it slightly from the exact angle, the image becomes much darker. So I'm now confident I have a GP2x with MK2 hardware.

:ph34r:

The new screen isn't exactly better, it's just different because GP had had difficulties with the manufacturer of the old screen or sth like that. A «real» change is the joystick which doesn't have the diagonal bias anymore as it's rotated by 45°. If there's no diagonal bias, it's an MK2. No further major improvements. (Though alternative stickcaps improve handling.)

About the «240MHz-Version»:
It seems that only very few consoles don't reach 260MHz, though it's not clear whether that's rather a bad-batteries-issue. Most go at least some MHz beyond the 260 up to about 300MHz. (Mine run's smoothly at 280-290MHz with batteries fully charged.) I've never heard of a device not capable of reaching 240MHz ^_^

The changes in FW 3.0 seem to be minor in nature despite the major version number change. Most of us use GMenu2x instead of the standard menu anyway. ;)

Loxi

Back