Wifi issues anyone?

Good to hear that this trick works for some of you. beause I can't code or stuff like this its a good feeling to help this way in this great community.

Last edited by a moderator:
My maximum download speed was 489 KB/s and about 300KB/s is stable now.
you americans are spoiled. our internet at our house tops out @ 45 on a good day and that is when it peaks.

thats kb/s just by the way

aaargh! this idiot android phone.

Hello, I've already seen such issue on another device: the Toshiba AC100.

The wifi is poor on most unit and very poor (unusable) on some units.

Then, someone found the fix: cutting the shield between the LCD screen and the antenna:

http://www.lins.me/ac100/fixing_wifi.html

I confirm that it made my AC100 usable !

I remember someone saying (about the AC100) that the LCD display creates some kind "magnetic pollution", and that a wifi antenna should never be connected to it.

I too have poor wifi connection on my 1ghz OP. I've just opened my LCD screen to "move" the alu tape as described in 1st post, and I confirm I have much better wifi now.

Considering my 2 experiences, I wonder if the best way would be to have some alu-tape around the wifi antenna, BUT being isolated from the LCD screen (with normal, non conductive tape).

My maximum download speed was 489 KB/s and about 300KB/s is stable now.
you americans are spoiled. our internet at our house tops out @ 45 on a good day and that is when it peaks.

wow :) okay, American ego might be inflated but I suspect your house falls under the same rules of physics (unless you're that much closer to the sun or a reactor and the electromagnetic radiation is burning off all your flesh, say) :)

jeff

I too have poor wifi connection on my 1ghz OP. I've just opened my LCD screen to "move" the alu tape as described in 1st post, and I confirm I have much better wifi now.

Considering my 2 experiences, I wonder if the best way would be to have some alu-tape around the wifi antenna, BUT being isolated from the LCD screen (with normal, non conductive tape).

welcome to the forum!

good to hear that it worked for you.

I can't confirme that the wifi is worse after connecting it back to the screen in my case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back