Wish List For August MAME Games

One of my Pandora's is for repair, and now it is not as convenient for me to test as before (I had one Pandora prepared with PanMame and almost the complete romset for testing the games). That said, it is still ok to request games for the next month but please do the following two (easy) checks in PanMame before you do request them. 

1. Is the highscore registered and persistent? Easy check, but saves me a lot time. Play the game, add a highscore and if the high score is still present after exiting the game and re-entering it then it is might be ok for c4a . If a high score is not registered, don't bother doing check 2. The game can then not be added. 

2. Check if a hi file is created. Your SD card should have a hi score file of the game created in the following directory /pandora/appdata/panmame/hi . In that directory you will find files like 1942.hi gyruss.hi etc. If you have played a game, entered a hi score but there isn't a hi file created with the same name as the rom it is probably an nvram save. c4a does not handle those (yet). 

It would be even easier for me if you can upload the hi file to this site. I can test the game then without playing it on my desktop. Usually I don't mind play-testing but as already mentioned it is less convenient for me to do now.  

I can do check #1 and 2 for you.

I can't do the last thing for you, though.  This board will not let me upload a .rar file - and I only use and have WinRAR.

Unless you wanted to PM me your email address, and then I could send you the files that way...but not thru this Board.  It will only take .zip files, not .rar ones.

OK, here's what I got so far:

Aero Fighters saves te score.  However, it allows continues, and the score does not zero on a continue.

Air Gallet, I was not good enough to get on the scoreboard.

Aliens saves the score.  It allows continues, but zeroes the score on continue.

Drift Out, I was not able to get on the scoreboard

Final Star Force, same as Aero Fighters - saves score, allows continues, and does not zero score on continue.

We already have Missile Command and Rolling Thunder tested and we know how they work.

So the only ones from above I could actuallt request at the moment are

Aliens

Missile Command

Rolling Thunder

A few more games will follow.

I'm requesting games now that are not necessarily games I'm very good at, but ones I still enjoy playing anyway, and I thik would be fun to have in an arcade.

The few games I REALLY want yet...are mostly games that will come later, they are not easy ones like what are currently being done.

I've never actually tried to save anything as .zip from WinRAR...maybe it can, dunno.

But I'm not going with anything else.  I like what I have.

When a game is hard you can also skip check 1 and only check if a hi file is created. If you start a mame game and then leave the game it should be automatically generated. If the game does not generate a hi file then you can also forget about playing that one. 

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, here's more

DonPachi (allows continues, but score zeroes on continue) - saves score

I tried DoDonPachi, but PanMAME would not quite launch it.

Green Beret

Mega Zone

I guess that is about enough for this month from me...

sorry if this game has already been mentioned but POPEYE, pleeeasaaaassee. I'm not even very good at it, but it keeps me coming back to it, so it should be a good contender for C4ALL.

and i've just checked the spreadsheet and it's good to go. awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tested Green Beret, Mega Zone and Aliens 

Aliens and Green Beret work and will be added to the next poll. 

I will include Popeye as well. 

Back