Caanoo / WIZ Wiz Theme Gpu

jacksterson

Has anyone tried altering the Wiz's skin yet? I'm afraid to test it, if I brick this Wiz, I'll never be able to get a new one :(

Well, I just tried a minor modification and it did work without any problems.

wizblue.jpeg

Be sure to keep image sizes, image format, etc. the same when redesigning.
Especially be careful with the pictures in imgmain.
Those are animated PNGs.

EvilDragon posted on May 23 2009 at 02:16 AM said:
Well, I just tried a minor modification and it did work without any problems.

wizblue.jpeg

Be sure to keep image sizes, image format, etc. the same when redesigning.
Especially be careful with the pictures in imgmain.
Those are animated PNGs.
aye, animated pngs?

What do I do if I brick my unit? Is there any way to fix it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter R posted on May 23 2009 at 12:47 PM said:
Seeing as you will need to run a sript to undo your changes and you cannot do that without the menu I doubt it.
Exactly. For the moment, I'd wait until GPH releases a REAL full flash. Then you can restore your filesystem.

I'll do more tests soon on how the menu behaves if graphics are wrong. If it DOES start and graphics are garbled, you can undo that.
However, keep in mind that fiddling with the NAND can ALWAYS brick your unit. Not only with your theme but with any other theme (or firmware update).

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on May 23 2009 at 12:06 PM said:
Exactly. For the moment, I'd wait until GPH releases a REAL full flash. Then you can restore your filesystem.
Have fun coaxing that out of them ;).

Peter R posted on May 23 2009 at 04:14 AM) [quote="EvilDragon posted on May 23 2009 at 12:06 PM said:
Have fun coaxing that out of them ;"].[/quote]Yeah, thats going to take quite awhile, I do believe. At least from what I can see.

Anywho, I'll continue to finish up this blue them, custom icons, and bars etc. When I'm done, do you want it to test it out?

I don't know how you're so willing to do this, I'm terrified of breaking my Wiz. Its been 3 years since I last owned a system, and that was a psp, which broke about 4 months after owning it. And before that, it was another 3 years when I owned a ps2. So things don't come my way very quickly. :/

jacksterson posted on May 23 2009 at 01:18 PM) [quote="Peter R posted on May 23 2009 at 04:14 AM said:
Have fun coaxing that out of them ;"].
Yeah, thats going to take quite awhile, I do believe. At least from what I can see.

Anywho, I'll continue to finish up this blue them, custom icons, and bars etc. When I'm done, do you want it to test it out? [/quote]Yes, I will surely do so.

I don't know how you're so willing to do this, I'm terrified of breaking my Wiz. Its been 3 years since I last owned a system, and that was a psp, which broke about 4 months after owning it. And before that, it was another 3 years when I owned a ps2. So things don't come my way very quickly. :/

Well, I got a BoB, so I can fix it ;)

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on May 24 2009 at 02:18 AM) [quote="jacksterson posted on May 23 2009 at 01:18 PM said:
Peter R posted on May 23 2009 at 04:14 AM said:
Have fun coaxing that out of them ;"].
Yeah, thats going to take quite awhile, I do believe. At least from what I can see.

Anywho, I'll continue to finish up this blue them, custom icons, and bars etc. When I'm done, do you want it to test it out?
Yes, I will surely do so.

I don't know how you're so willing to do this, I'm terrified of breaking my Wiz. Its been 3 years since I last owned a system, and that was a psp, which broke about 4 months after owning it. And before that, it was another 3 years when I owned a ps2. So things don't come my way very quickly. :/[/quote]Well, I got a BoB, so I can fix it ;)

Would I have to send it to you or...?

jacksterson posted on May 25 2009 at 04:18 PM said:
The WIZ or the theme? ;)

I guess both :p

Send me the theme so I can test it out :)
As said, it shouldn't brick anything.

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on May 25 2009 at 04:51 PM) [quote="jacksterson posted on May 25 2009 at 04:18 PM said:
The WIZ or the theme? ;)

Send me the theme so I can test it out :"]
As said, it shouldn't brick anything.[/quote]As soon as you get on skype I'll compress it and send it to you. Also I've decided to redo the theme, so this won't be anywhere near what It'll look like, I was just testing it out

jacksterson posted on May 26 2009 at 02:08 AM) [quote="EvilDragon posted on May 25 2009 at 04:51 PM) [quote="jacksterson posted on May 25 2009 at 04:18 PM said:
The WIZ or the theme? ;"]

Send me the theme so I can test it out :"]
As said, it shouldn't brick anything.[/quote]As soon as you get on skype I'll compress it and send it to you. Also I've decided to redo the theme, so this won't be anywhere near what It'll look like, I was just testing it out[/quote]Can't you simply send it via eMail? Much easier for me :)

Last edited:
Ah yes, I'm so caught up in instant messenging, I keep forgetting about e-mail xD

I'm sending now

Back