Wiz Usb Host

@sbock: i've seen your post in the german forum about ordering 'ext port connectors'. i'd be in for some if this is still in discussion :)

That's really neat and tiny. Nice job sbock!
It'd be interesting to see what kind of USB gadgets can interact with the Wiz. Can a USB gamepad plug straight into your new adaptor?

@crow_riot

AFAIK EvilDragon planed to offering the connectors in his shop but I don't know what's the status. I think he's a little bit stressed at the moment, I will ask him when things calm down...
In the meanwhile you can order the connectors from here. Good price and great customer support. The connectors come direct from Malaysia via airmail. I've got my 5 connectors from there. Nice quality but they don't come with a strain relief. :(

@quote

Thanks mate! :)
Yeah, you can use all kinds of HID units with this adapter directly. I successfully tested joysticks, gamepads, keybords and mice.
USB storage sticks are not supported yet. They're recognized but Linux USB mass storage support is still deactivated.

sbock said:
@crow_riot

AFAIK EvilDragon planed to offering the connectors in his shop but I don't know what's the status. I think he's a little bit stressed at the moment, I will ask him when things calm down...
relief. :(

thanks for the link :) i'll wait and see what happens to ED first though, as i'm not good at soldering [i just never did it;)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more progress/infos:

Thanks to scachi for this infos:

WPA encryption is working without WPA_supplicant as it's already included in the driver.

To add a route to a gateway I use the following new line in the WLAN script:

Code:
route add default gw 192.168.0.100

To specify the DNS add this line to the file /etc/resolv.conf.

Code:
nameserver 192.168.0.100

Now we can use Ommpc2x to stream web radio and browse with Opera Otopia browser.

With the help from ikari I added Opera to Qtopia:

Download Opera here.

Wejp will add streaming support to GMU music player.

Thanks guys!

I made a new somewhat smaller adapter and found a tiny WLAN dongle (Hama WLAN Mini).
The video shows music streaming with Ommpc2x.

sbock said:
I made a new somewhat smaller adapter and found a compacter compatible WLAN dongle (Hama WLAN Mini).
The video shows music streaming with Ommpc2x.

Brilliant! It looks like it could have been a commercial product. :) Does the new dongle use even less battery, or is it the same? Would it be possible to make a GUI tool to configure and connect to wifi?

Back