Wizswan: A Wonderswan Emulator

^MiSaTo^

Still Fresh
Hi all,

I've just released a new version of my wonderswan emulator to wiz. It's the same version than dingux one.
It is based in oSwan 0.7 SDL port.
For the moment it has great compatibility but i'm working in the sound and fixing the resolution (now it shows the game in the original resolution, that is 224x144).

You can download it from my web: WizSwan_0.3.zip

^MiSaTo^ said:
Hi all,

I've just released a new version of my wonderswan emulator to wiz. It's the same version than dingux one.
It is based in oSwan 0.7 SDL port.
For the moment it has great compatibility but i'm working in the sound and fixing the resolution (now it shows the game in the original resolution, that is 224x144).

You can download it from my web: WizSwan_0.3.zip

Great!! Will try it as soon as I get time... got a lot of uni work on at the mo. Been waiting for a WS emu for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
can anyone recommend good games for the wonderswan? i've never heard of this device until somebody asked for the emulator ^^

It had a good version of Final Fantasy I & II, if I remember correctly. A bit prettier and there was some usability improvements. (one of those monotonic 'bash the button' actions actually worked sensibly)

Mr 2X said:
This ? http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,71,2268

Yes I am aware of that version. I meant further updates

crow_riot said:
can anyone recommend good games for the wonderswan? i've never heard of this device until somebody asked for the emulator ^^

I've not played many, but I'd definitely recommend Hataraku Chocobo. It's a great game for when you've only got a few minutes to play something. It's in Japanese but it's not hard to figure out how the controls work. It plays a little bit like M.U.L.E., you assign chocobos to different jobs collecting resources and then sell them at the end, but you're fighting the computer for prime real estate.

I would also recommend Wizardry, since the Japanese version can be set to English, but it's on tons of other platforms natively in English so I guess there's not really much of a point. There's also a nice version of Densha de Go for the Wonderswan, but that's a pretty niche game. It's a good port though if you do happen to like that series!

edit: man, how could I forget??? Gunpey. It's one of my favorite puzzle games. There's a DS version out that I was lucky enough to find for $4 new, but I like it a little better on the Wonderswan.

Not bad, been trying out a few games.
Dicing Knight would be AWESOME if it worked, although it just crashes the Wiz.

How do I get back to a menu? Or is that implemented yet? So far it's looking pretty good.

Back