Wolf3d Woes.

pr0vidence

Still Fresh
Hey gang.

So I'm trying to get my old favorite Wolf3d working on my gp2x. Got the binary loaded up, and all the files from the original game in the folder. In fact, it loads and runs! However, the keymapping seems to have been messed up somehow. when I press "up" on the control stick, it acts as though I've pressed up and some other key. For example, in the menu, pressing up moves up one menu option, and immediately "enters" the now selected option. Pressing up in game to move, results in a movement forward, and a shot fired from my gun. Also, pressing "right" delivers an "escape" command and brings me to the game menu from within the game. What gives? Did I not configure something?

I have tried all three of the full version wolf binaries included in the download.

Also, same exact behavior in Spear of Destiny.

sorry if this has been covered before.

thanks
pr0v

pr0vidence said:
Hey gang.

So I'm trying to get my old favorite Wolf3d working on my gp2x. Got the binary loaded up, and all the files from the original game in the folder. In fact, it loads and runs! However, the keymapping seems to have been messed up somehow. when I press "up" on the control stick, it acts as though I've pressed up and some other key. For example, in the menu, pressing up moves up one menu option, and immediately "enters" the now selected option. Pressing up in game to move, results in a movement forward, and a shot fired from my gun. Also, pressing "right" delivers an "escape" command and brings me to the game menu from within the game. What gives? Did I not configure something?

I have tried all three of the full version wolf binaries included in the download.

Also, same exact behavior in Spear of Destiny.

sorry if this has been covered before.

thanks
pr0v
You need to get into the controls section and disable the mouse/joystick.

Last edited by a moderator:
That did it.

Thanks for a great port Pickle.

(was that in the readmes somewhere and I missed it?)

pr0vidence said:
That did it.

Thanks for a great port Pickle.

(was that in the readmes somewhere and I missed it?)
I dont know if I put it in there or not, another way to fix it is to include the config.wl6 or config.sod

Last edited by a moderator:
Back