Wow, This Is Weird.

Alt Scythe

Still Fresh
I am trying to go from 3.00 to 2.00 and all i see is this green loading screen. it has been like this for about 30 minutes now.....how long does it take? i am concerned. thanx for the help ;)

XerXerz posted on Mar 22 2007 at 10:41 PM said:
Get FULLY-CHARGED 2500mAh niMH RECHARGEABLE batteries, hold start + select at startup.

Edited, for crystal clarity :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried that already and it still dosent work. i noticed the guides say to insert the 9 files but i put in all of them if that matters.....if it does, exactly which ones should i put in?

purple_goat posted on Mar 22 2007 at 11:09 PM said:
just drop in the whole contents into the root, put in some regular batteries, plug the gp2x up to your power adapter and the thurn it one while holding start+select

You're assuming he has an AC adapter ;)

... what steps, in excruciating detail please, did you take? You may have to power down, then back on, holding start & select if you just see a green loading screen AFTER you did the first part of the update.

Help us help YOU :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont have an ac adapter :( but the batteries are good, and what i did was take all the files from the 2.0 firmware update(from the official site) and put all the files in the card. tried loading it up but i never get passed the green screen. its an ocz SD card and the gp2x came with 3.0 firmware. as of now it still isnt passed the green screen.

... ok, that's a BIT more descriptive.

Did the screen ever say "Firmware Updating"?

Did you hold start & select at any time during the update?

OCZ card, eh? Chances are, it may be borked ... did you format it first as FAT32? Try re-formatting it as such, re-install the fw on it (all 9 files that come in the archive) and try again.

* cheers Alt_Scythe on *

it did say firmware updating.hold those down during the update? i think i may have. and yeah, i formatted to fat32. and thanks for the cheer. this is pretty scary for me.

i dont have any ac adapter for the system. any specific brand of SD that works good? i may go pick up a 512mb tomorrow just to see if thats the problem. hopefully, i can post back here tomorrow afternoon and bring good news with it. thanks for the help for now people. see ya tomorrow.

Back