Wrist Mount

Prometheus said:
You know, I wonder if this would work with the PowerGlove? :lol: (I have one, but no glove, so I don't know.)
Well I guess it is possible as long as the emulator in question can understand the sensor bars for the Power Glove. Unless you're just talking about the buttons than it should since Power Gloves can be operated in non motion mode on all NES's.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I meant, alright. If it can work as a joypad, then as far as I know, the adapter should be able to work with it. That would quite possibly make it the coolest wrist-mount base ever. :p (Cue someone saying "It's so bad.".)

Prometheus said:
You know, I wonder if this would work with the PowerGlove? :lol: (I have one, but no glove, so I don't know.)
In all but one mode, it simply mapped your motions to buttons. As far as the NES (and all its games) were concerned, it looked exactly like a regular controller.
In other words, yes, it will work. :)

Nah, it could end just fine, so long as you stop with using it in one of its many joystick modes.
Did I mention there are adapters which allow you access to the extra mode of the glove, giving you complete X, Y, Z, rotation, and finger position? Now it cannot end well :p

WizardStan said:
Nah, it could end just fine, so long as you stop with using it in one of its many joystick modes.
Did I mention there are adapters which allow you access to the extra mode of the glove, giving you complete X, Y, Z, rotation, and finger position? Now it cannot end well :p
Um was it possible to access those modes without the adapter? And what adapter?

I see what you mean now but the sensors are crap from what I understand. So how can you use it for anything? Would it be possible to hack the power glove and make new sensors that could work on other consoles like the Genesis or SNES?

Naw - skip the glove. If you're going to go Cyborg, do it full tilt.

Disassemble the Pandora. Hang the screen off the bill of a ball cap so you can flip it up/down at whim.
Build batteries into each upper arm of a jacket to make your muscles seem bigger and give you some armor there for the inevitable pounding you're going to get from others.
Put the motherboard in the chest pocket of the jacket - keep the machine's heart close to yours.

And the piece de-resistance - Build the controls into a belt buckle for easy two hand access while standing/sitting in public.

Really officer - it's a game console...

Grench said:
Naw - skip the glove. If you're going to go Cyborg, do it full tilt.

Disassemble the Pandora. Hang the screen off the bill of a ball cap so you can flip it up/down at whim.
Build batteries into each upper arm of a jacket to make your muscles seem bigger and give you some armor there for the inevitable pounding you're going to get from others.
Put the motherboard in the chest pocket of the jacket - keep the machine's heart close to yours.

And the piece de-resistance - Build the controls into a belt buckle for easy two hand access while standing/sitting in public.

Really officer - it's a game console...
I can kind of see that, do you mean keep the screen above you're head to flip it down at whim?

Back