Xbox (not 360) Question.

Squirrel61

Website
www.psp-flevoland.nl
The classic XBox has 4 game ports that are in fact USB ports. It is possible to get adapter cables in both directions. These are mainly aimed at using XBox game controllers on a PC or using USB storage on an XBox.

Now my question is, and I couldn't find an answer using Google and thelike: I own a (pretty much unused) Logitech racing wheel for the PC with USB connection. When I connect this to the XBox using one of the adapter cables, will I be able to use it in games? Or should I go for the other solution and buy one of those Playstation 2 to XBox converters and use my Thrustmaster PS2 wheel?

Unfortunately PC accessories won't work, not even on a modded Xbox.

The PS2 to Xbox adapters seem to get good feedback: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-gm-49-en-70-1fo.html

...how successful they would be with a steering wheel I don't know. If the wheel's controls were simply mapped equivalents of a PS2 pad, I guess it would be fine. But if the wheel has a custom configuration relying on the PS2 for proper support, the results could be dicey.

Thanks for clearing up. I couldn't find any decent information on the use of PC game controls on an XBox, all hits returned by search engines cover the opposite.

The PS2 wheel is a Thrustmaster with both a control plug and a USB plug and it needs both to operate. But then it behaves like any PS2 gamepad. I've found a PS2 to XBox converter that offers both a gameport and a USB port and it isn't too expensive, so I think I'm just gonna try it. And forget about my PC wheel.

Btw. Anyone interested in an almost unused Logitech Formula GP USB Racing Wheel for the PC? :D

Back