Your Steam Sale purchases?

Garrett

Advanced Member
Thought it may be helpful to make others aware of what is on sale, how much etc..

So far I've bought:

Legacy of Kain Defiance £1.24
Valkyria Chronicles £3.74
Besiege £3.91
The Typing of The Dead Overkill Collection £4.67
Psychonauts £0.57
Enslaved £3.74
Bioshock 2 £2.79
Transistor £3.74

That's a lot of gaming for £24 & I doubt I'll be be finished anytime soon (a fool & his money soon parted!)
What have you bought, seen any great bargains?.. recommendations would also be appreciated.

I bought crimson clover, a shmup- it had infinite continues and flat graphics- I got a refund asap- its very highly rated on steam...
I'm tempted to buy something though...

I've bought 58 games in the recent summer sale on GOG for less per title. It's all DRM free and most of the stuff has a Linux port.
I'll have a bit of free time soon after the festival season but won't be able to finish too many of those, I guess.

GTAV

Waiting till payday though, when I will see how tempted I am for:

Atari Vault £7.49
Doom £23.99
Transformers Devastation £7.99
Phoenix Force £0.39
Hyperspace Invaders II: Pixel Edition £0.39

Bought Shank, at €2.49 its a steal.
[doublepost=1467075825,1467075491][/doublepost]I'm pretty sure it was Garret that posted about a game a few years ago- it was essentially streetfighter mixed with a platformer. The sprites were not as big as streetfighter, The central hero looked a bit like ryu. You could traverse platforms and there was a cave section, powerballs and loads of moves were possible- it looked awesome and I cannot find it...Was it ever finished! Its annoying as there is no way to find this game- I wanted to play this one bad. Anyone?

Damn you all... I was trying to resist... I'm so weak... :(

finally I got Batman Arkham Knight + Season pass (that wasn't discounted :( ) for 25 €

I waited so long to see what people said about the last patches... if it's at least at the level of the first game it is worthy of the money, also it is full of story DLC, so I suppose it will not be short at all... (I have at least 200 hours of play with "just" Arkham City...)

dead rising 3 $15 (-70% from $50), stardew valley $12 (-%20 from $15), brutal legend $1.50 (-90% from $15)

stardew valley is amazing, been playing it basically non-stop. It's like harvest moon series but way better.

played a bit of dead rising 3, maybe an hour, it's too early to tell if it's as good or better than the first 2.

haven't jumped into brutal legends yet, I'm a fan of jack black, and I heard from a friend it was pretty good, so I figured I'd pick it up to play later.

Last edited:
I had about £5 left in my steam wallet, bought -

Super Sanctum TD - £0.55
Anomaly 2 - £2.39
Trap Them - £0.99
Defense Grid 2, Rooftop Metropolis map £0.75

NOW I can top up my wallet!

Damn you all... I was trying to resist... I'm so weak... :(

finally I got Batman Arkham Knight + Season pass (that wasn't discounted :( ) for 25 €

I waited so long to see what people said about the last patches... if it's at least at the level of the first game it is worthy of the money, also it is full of story DLC, so I suppose it will not be short at all... (I have at least 200 hours of play with "just" Arkham City...)

I'm interested in picking up Arkham Night, but am still a bit nervous about performance.. would you mind sharing what your system is & how the game is running.

Just got Dreamfall and Longest Journey. Just an impulse, that's probably all I'm going to get.

I'm interested in picking up Arkham Night, but am still a bit nervous about performance.. would you mind sharing what your system is & how the game is running.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 (2 GB RAM dedicated) - CPU i7 4core 4ghz - 16 GB RAM

After 12 hours of game, I found only 2 issues, one time the game hanged when I wanted to exit and I had to terminate, but no issue with savegame, and the other one happened with the Harley Quinn DLC, at some point you have to follow instructions and press keys to drop a box, but them weren't responsive (but the camera and everything else was), so I kept restarting the DLC until it worked... (it's a really short DLC anyway)

I have almost every graphic settings at minimum and not FullHD (1600x900, else too much GPU RAM needed), but still it seems to me like it's using the maximum setting of Arkham Origins, damn, shadows at minimum are perfect, I can't imagine how them can become at the maximum !! Also physx seems active somehow, even if every option about it is deactivated, I see flyers flying around and flags moving and all... and I can play very well, I never seen visible slowdowns or loss of frames. The benchmark says 29 fps (but I use vsync so could be ).

It's AWESOME, it's really the best Arkham game ever made, it has more improvements then the ones they added from Arkham Asylum to Arkham City !!! Maybe they added too much things related to the car, but still you are able to do every things you did in the previous games and MOAR with THE BATMAN !! The story is good and well made for now, and there are a lot of secondary missions, most new and most similar to the City, like the Enigma ones...
After playing it I can understand why there were so many bugs, it's huge the work they have done to improve every single bit of the engine, damn, now many things of the environment are destructible, lamp posts, cars, trees, and even walls !!

Oh, and by the way, it's 51 GB, required 2 days to download... I was dying :D

Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 (2 GB RAM dedicated) - CPU i7 4core 4ghz - 16 GB RAM

After 12 hours of game, I found only 2 issues, one time the game hanged when I wanted to exit and I had to terminate, but no issue with savegame, and the other one happened with the Harley Quinn DLC, at some point you have to follow instructions and press keys to drop a box, but them weren't responsive (but the camera and everything else was), so I kept restarting the DLC until it worked... (it's a really short DLC anyway)

I have almost every graphic settings at minimum and not FullHD (1600x900, else too much GPU RAM needed), but still it seems to me like it's using the maximum setting of Arkham Origins, damn, shadows at minimum are perfect, I can't imagine how them can become at the maximum !! Also physx seems active somehow, even if every option about it is deactivated, I see flyers flying around and flags moving and all... and I can play very well, I never seen visible slowdowns or loss of frames. The benchmark says 29 fps (but I use vsync so could be ).

It's AWESOME, it's really the best Arkham game ever made, it has more improvements then the ones they added from Arkham Asylum to Arkham City !!! Maybe they added too much things related to the car, but still you are able to do every things you did in the previous games and MOAR with THE BATMAN !! The story is good and well made for now, and there are a lot of secondary missions, most new and most similar to the City, like the Enigma ones...
After playing it I can understand why there were so many bugs, it's huge the work they have done to improve every single bit of the engine, damn, now many things of the environment are destructible, lamp posts, cars, trees, and even walls !!

Oh, and by the way, it's 51 GB, required 2 days to download... I was dying :D

Thanks, for that.. it sounds like it's running a lot better now, I've got lots more to play through but will probably pick it up before the sale ends.

A.R.E.S Extinction Agenda EX
£1.74

Transformers Devastation [was wanting this for a while]
£6.66 [before VAT :) ]

Shadow Complex Remastered
£7.36

Atari Vault
£7.49

The Hurricane of the Varstray - Collateral hazard
£2.20

Heyz~ :)

I was gonna post in the thread below, but thought @Garrett 's thread is more appropriate to post in.

https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/free-pc-games-steam.73103/

Anyhoot, I'm brand new to Gabe's world of Steam (I know, I'm a little late to the party, lol) and literally just made an account minutes ago.
So far, I'm loving this store because there seems to be heaps of great, well priced games to be had.
I wish I had have jumped on the Steam bandwagon earlier :(

541197-steam-logo-768x432.jpg

Back