Youtube Maybe?

milkshake

Advanced Member
do you think we will have a working youtube? either via flash plugin or html5?
i mean the iphone can do youtube without flash cos the vids are in mp4 which the pandora can do right?

It will definatley be doable with HTML5 (probably already works with chromium browser) just go to www.youtube.com/html5 and join the beta

Also the reason youtube works on the iphone is because of the youtube browser. Which skips flash and just plays the flv file. (flash video format)

I think mplayer can play flv already so if you want you could just download a youtube video (without converting it) and play it in mplayer

Ive tried the html5 beta on youtube it doesn't work on chromium but as far as I'm aware the pnd version of chromium is out of date.
The iPhone doesn't play the flv file it plays the mp4 file.
Apple and google (owners of youtube) made a deal that all videos be converted to mp4 so as to be viewable on the iphone(and now most other mobile phones now).
So there should be an easy way to view the mp4 youtube videos on our pandoras :) hopefully.

milkshake said:
Ive tried the html5 beta on youtube it doesn't work on chromium but as far as I'm aware the pnd version of chromium is out of date.
Apple and google (owners of youtube) made a deal that all videos be converted to mp4 so as to be viewable on the iphone(and now most other mobile phones now).
So there should be an easy way to view the mp4 youtube videos on our pandoras :) hopefully.
YouTube is currently converting all of its videos to the new Web-M format (Based on the VP8 codec). It is meant to replace H.264 completely once all videos have been converted.

So: soon, iPhones will *lose* the ability play YouTube videos, while you'll be able to play them in Chromium.

Or I don't know how old the Chromium build of the Pandora is... It might not have the Web-M codec yet, you should check. Go to this URL and see if it plays: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLxQiI8c1Bs (with the HTML5 player, it'll say WEBM at the bottom)

Last edited by a moderator:
dflemstr said:
milkshake said:
YouTube is currently converting all of its videos to the new Web-M format (Based on the VP8 codec). It is meant to replace H.264 completely once all videos have been converted.

So: soon, iPhones will *lose* the ability play YouTube videos, while you'll be able to play them in Chromium.

Or I don't know how old the Chromium build of the Pandora is... It might not have the Web-M codec yet, you should check. Go to this URL and see if it plays: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLxQiI8c1Bs (with the HTML5 player, it'll say WEBM at the bottom)

I have tested that link it doesnt work boo!

Last edited by a moderator:
did anyone tried firefox + greasemonkey + totem?

there is a plugin to play flash videos on totem. it is usually faster than flashplayer and you can select quality or even download the videos.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/50771

Back