Nintendo DS Tech Specs:
CPU
# Main Processor: ARM946E-S (*1) @ 67Mhz
# Subprocessor: ARM7TDMI (*2) @ 16.8Mhz

Memory
# RAM: 4 MBytes
# Video RAM: 656kBytes

Screen
# Screen A: LCD, 256x192 pixels, (up to 262k colors)
# Screen B: Touch-Sensitive LCD, 256x192 pixels, (up to 262k colors)

2-D Video caps:
# 4 background screens (*3)
# 128 sprites

3-D Video caps:
# Polygons: 120k/s (shading?) (*4)
# Fillrate: 30M/s (pixels)
# Vertices: 4M

Sound
# 16 channels (8 channels PSG) (*5)
# Microphone input

Multiplayer
# Wireless multiplayer up to 16 opponents.
# Bluetooth (*6) or IEEE 802.11 (W-LAN) (*6)

Media
# Rewriteable media up to 1Gbyts of data.

Comments
*1) ARM9 @ 67Mhz - same as the default setting on a GP32. However, gaming will be superior compared to the GP32 as the latter has no forms of hardware acceleration.
(/quote) I got this info from play-asia.

The GBA's screen resolution is 240x160 and the DS is 256x192 so it is slightly better.

Don't worry, I have good eMail contact with yoyo, and I can just repeat HE DID NOT abandon the GP!

A lot of guys mentioned they will donate money when he releases the new OpenSNES9x 0.5 in their comments about my news post (and he DOES know about it!)

He'll send me a beta as soon as he's got all the debug stuff out (means I'll record some new movies) and after everything is settled, he'll release the new version.

Would be stupid not to release it, as the asm core has already been implemented (means: most of the work for the new version has been done), he just riddles about how to get all the new stuff into the 8MB of the GP32...

Just give him some time, he doesn't have much spare time atm, and porting emus for the zodiac where the arm-compatible source code already exists is just a few hours of work (and can be done eventually in some free time).
They're far from being optimized, and OPTIMIZING is the hard work.
Fighting against the little ram and optimizing OpenSNES9x for the GP32 takes MUCH MORE time 'cause it is harder...

EvilDragon posted on May 18 2004 at 01:40 PM said:
Don't worry, I have good eMail contact with yoyo, and I can just repeat HE DID NOT abandon the GP!

A lot of guys mentioned they will donate money when he releases the new OpenSNES9x 0.5 in their comments about my news post (and he DOES know about it!)

He'll send me a beta as soon as he's got all the debug stuff out (means I'll record some new movies) and after everything is settled, he'll release the new version.

Would be stupid not to release it, as the asm core has already been implemented (means: most of the work for the new version has been done), he just riddles about how to get all the new stuff into the 8MB of the GP32...

Just give him some time, he doesn't have much spare time atm, and porting emus for the zodiac where the arm-compatible source code already exists is just a few hours of work (and can be done eventually in some free time).
They're far from being optimized, and OPTIMIZING is the hard work.
Fighting against the little ram and optimizing OpenSNES9x for the GP32 takes MUCH MORE time 'cause it is harder...
there, my thoughts exactly! now PLEASE let's stop having these senseless discussions ! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
MrGay posted on May 19 2004 at 02:39 AM said:
where do you send donations? id really like to thank him for all his great work with some cold hard cash :D
:) Its on his website :)Great job lizard808uk

bringoutthegimp posted on May 18 2004 at 01:48 PM said:
Pulstar posted on May 18 2004 at 06:17 AM said:
You can make a point without foul language, you know. Somebody should hit you with a ban-stick.
how about you shut up?
Sorry, I never take advice from Gary Coleman ever since Diff'rent Strokes went off the air. :blink:

DaveC posted on May 18 2004 at 05:57 AM said:
kotd posted on May 18 2004 at 05:51 AM said:
Final post from me on this thread ;) opensnes 0.5 will come out soon thats all I'll bother saying
Cheers
Still even if .5 does come out it is only *one* update. Compare that to all of the emus he is doing for the Zodiac.
Oh my God, how UNFAIR of him to be doing this extra upgrade for free when he's focusing on (NOT jumping ship to) the Zodiac now. I don't usually take the clichéd 'he's doing this work for free so shut up' stance but this seems to be the perfect time.

os9xgp is still being worked on and will be available soon...

with a new cool logo from franck

hi yoyo.. ;)

(well there goes - straight from the horses mouth) B)

lol, he already spoke 3 times that he is still coding for the gp <.<
should be posted 6x times on frontpage and a banner on gp32x forum with "yoyo is still coding on the gp32"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back