Zaq121's Alternative Frontend For Mamegp2x

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Zaq121 released an alternative Frontend for MAMEgp2x.

zaq.jpg

It includes Preview images, Filters, etc.

Download: Zaq121's Frontend
Download: Imagepack

Source www.gp32spain.com

For what it is worth, if I could get the damn thing to compile with cygwin, I would give an updated screen shoot.

Epicenter posted on Aug 30 2006 at 02:02 AM said:
This reminds me; Aero Fighters' sound hasn't been fixed yet in MameGP2X, has it? Does the YM2612 still crash right out of the gate?

Nope.

Music seems to work fine if you use the "compatible" version.

Last edited by a moderator:
rmatheso posted on Aug 30 2006 at 03:30 AM said:
Looks like the auto filter for "missing games" doesn't seem to work. Just creates an empty file.
Anyone got their "missing games" to filter out properly?
I don't have a way to check it right now, but I can say that it generates a binary file, not a text. It *might* just be how you are viewing the file that it looks empty.

I've installed it but it can't find the drivers the .gpe file is in the same folder as the mame.gpe's!! I'm not sure what's going on heLP!!!

garethp1745 posted on Aug 30 2006 at 01:07 PM said:
I've installed it but it can't find the drivers the .gpe file is in the same folder as the mame.gpe's!! I'm not sure what's going on heLP!!!

Have you made sure that all of the file paths in 'femamegp2x.cfg' point to the location of your mame folder? That part of mine, for example says:

Code:
driver-locations
{
  standard "/mnt/sd/emulators/mame/mame_gp2x.gpe"
  fast	"/mnt/sd/emulators/mame/mame_gp2x_fast.gpe"
  compat   "/mnt/sd/emulators/mame/mame_gp2x_compatible.gpe"
}

Also, is the femamegp2x.cfg file in a subfolder /cfg as suggested in the readme?

Excellent release by the way, I've been tinkering around with it this evening. Thanks...

hello to everybody, and thank you so much Zaq121 for your great work!
i have a fuzzy issue with that, surely due to my noobness:
the famegp2x starts properly, it displays the images and fileters works like a charm, but when i try to run a selected game it just boots the mame to its first screen (the romlist) like nothing had happen ...what am i missing?

n00n3 posted on Aug 31 2006 at 02:32 PM said:
the famegp2x starts properly, it displays the images and fileters works like a charm, but when i try to run a selected game it just boots the mame to its first screen (the romlist) like nothing had happen ...what am i missing?

Did you put the femamegp2x.cfg file in the cfg folder (inside the mame2x folder)?

TelcoLou posted on Aug 31 2006 at 08:53 PM said:

Did you put the femamegp2x.cfg file in the cfg folder (inside the mame2x folder)?

yes of course, with the correct path for my sd directory structure [ Emus/mamegp2x/ ] .. don't know what to think.. am i the only lucky guy? ^^

Sounds to me like you are using a version of mame less than 1.5. 1.5 is the first version to allow my frontend to work.

zaq121 posted on Aug 31 2006 at 11:54 PM said:
Sounds to me like you are using a version of mame less than 1.5. 1.5 is the first version to allow my frontend to work.

life is strange... i am sure i was using 2.5 .. i simply overwrite the directory with the very same 2.5 and now it works like a charm
again, many thanks for the efforts and of course for the quick replies.

:)

now that's mame!

n00n3 posted on Sep 1 2006 at 04:13 AM said:
life is strange... i am sure i was using 2.5 .. i simply overwrite the directory with the very same 2.5 and now it works like a charm
again, many thanks for the efforts and of course for the quick replies.
Glad it is working for you now... and you get the benifits of the newest version of mame too!

rmatheso posted on Aug 30 2006 at 03:30 AM said:
Looks like the auto filter for "missing games" doesn't seem to work. Just creates an empty file.
Anyone got their "missing games" to filter out properly?
I know this is late, but this was because I didn't have a call to sync(), which my next version will have.

I'm having a strange problem with this fantastic frontend... When I load the game King of Boxer trough the frontend using the standard mame the game will be very slow and with audio partially corrupt; but if i launch the same game, with the same standard mame and the same settings all is ok.. but why?

vEGA-rJ posted on Sep 3 2006 at 08:40 AM said:
I'm having a strange problem with this fantastic frontend... When I load the game King of Boxer trough the frontend using the standard mame the game will be very slow and with audio partially corrupt; but if i launch the same game, with the same standard mame and the same settings all is ok.. but why?

I am not sure what to look for. I loaded it up and it seemed to play ok for me, but I have not played the game before, so I don't know what is wrong with it. Is this the only one that it is happening to you on?

Scratch that. This is probably the same problem talked about here speed problem fixed

Back