0x10c - notches new game

hairface

Still Fresh
For those that don't know notch(creator of minecraft) is creating a new game called 0x10c. As far as I know it's still in development but will Supposedly will have a spaceship controlled by a 16bit full computer which a user will program in assembly to controll all of the ships functions. You basically fly around space n'stuff. Any speculations on if said game will run on such a device as the pandora?

Also there is a site "0x10c.com" with some forums and a fast growing comunity

It'll probably be in flash, right?

You can play it then... At 3 fps.

Maybe you will be able to play the programmingpart without graphics ;)

I'll just have to wait a couple of years for the mobile version to come out and then I can play it at 3fps :) that is if the game catches on like minecraft.

Something tells me assembly isnt what everybody considers fun- not that assembly isn fun :)

Maybe you will be able to play the programmingpart without graphics ;)
You already can play with the emulated Board Computer thingy

http://www.dcpu16apps.com/

I already have played some games in the webbrowser, released with the "DCPU" whatever stuff. At least the Idea is interesting to have a "real" cpu in a game for coding. ^^

I tried it and wrote my very own... hello world test!

which is currently pretty much the most useful thing I can write in assembly at the moment.

I then revised it to loop "hello world" in rainbow colors and forgot to stop it and it looped around overwriting the actual emulator itself :) and it only took 10 lines of code!

Back