1.7.0 Epsxe Released

fishybawb said:
Wonder why there's no Linux binary for the latest release...

Still, nice to know they're still working on it :)
Seems like they are slow to get out the linux build, give it some time and I expect there will be one. I read a little discussion on it before the release came out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news, but I am having major problems with the new version. There is a new F4 key option that turn on and off vsync is interfering with Pete's gpu plugin's "turn off fps limit" feature to speed up the game. During 3d scenes game are stuck at the monitor refresh rate, and nothing I can do to speed it up, beside if I turn off the Vsync setting in my Nvidia control panel, but after that using the F4 keys will make everything go over 300fps which is way too fast. There are ways to set other frames rate, but it required an unconventional combination of messing between the plugin and the F4 button. This speed up thing is so important and the only reason I'm using emulator is to save time otherwize I could use my real console. It's probably just my problem with the 3d side of the games, while it works well with 2d games, I know the developer meant to have that F4 button for a practical reason. Or maybe someone can recommend a differrent gpu plugin.

I really like the 'pSX' emulator too, which is really the easiest to use psx emulator, it can't compare to the epsxe in the graphic partment since it uses some variation of software mode with fullscreen blurring, so no scaling and antialiasing of 3d models, but it also look most blended together.

Back