128mb Big Enough?

schaap2005

Website
Visit site
hey,
is 128mb a bit small if you want to watch a movie and listen some music and play some games?
I think I need at least 256mb for a good start?
Or not?

AND:
what do you currently have on your smc

schaap2005 posted on May 8 2005 at 07:28 PM said:
hey,
is 128mb a bit small if you want to watch a movie and listen some music and play some games?
I think I need at least 256mb for a good start?
Or not?

AND:
what do you currently have on your smc
1.NOT!
2. You can't use 256mb ones....
3.Loads of crap...

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Well since you don't need the full resolution on the GP, for obvious reasons, most movies encoded for the GP32 will fit an 128mb card. You should have more than one, if that troubles you, so you can have games/whatever, and an extra one just to put movies on :p
2) It wouldn't work anyway, the GP32 doesn't take any more than 128 and never will, from what I read in (many) previous posts.
3) !reader, some e-books, Lady Killer, GPengine and loads of PC Engine games :p

aapje89 posted on May 8 2005 at 06:38 PM said:
yeah, i think its 2 small :(, I have 2 128mb cards

I have 4x 128 and 1x 64

Card 1 is Snez and GBC
Card 2 is DRMD, Master System
Card 3 is Balloon and Baloon, Hacx, and Homebrew
Card 4 is Speccy, Amstad CPC, Atari ST, C64
The 64mb is ScummVM (Monkey Island and Day of the tentical)

Sure there is more I have foggeten!

I need more cards!! Need 1 for Doom, 1 for BOR and 1+ for MP3's

yaustar posted on May 8 2005 at 08:48 PM said:
I have 1x128, 1x64 and about a dozen 16mb ones for odd bits...

are 16mb actually really worth it, or good for anything???

ON TOPIC: i think 128mb smcs are quit small in size, i say this because i only have one and i always have to delete stuff on it to put other stuuf on it ect... its really annoying me. i cant really afford to get any more smcs... yet.

and i think it has enough size for a episode of a programme e.g simpsons and some games and a song but thats just about it, its not nearly as much as i really need.

i'v got currently on my smc:

DRMD and a afew games,
mame + games,
and a whole lot of other homebrew stuff like super pang ect,
lots of misc like !reader! and currency convertor and lots of styff like that.

but who am i to complain if i dont save up for another smc??? dont answer its a rhetorical quistion :eek: :eek: :eek: im learning words from english class, thats a first. :)

Most all emulators support zip format so if you think about it you are getting close to double the space, minus the emulators them selves being uncompressed.

That's why i use one 128 for emulation and the other for games but BOR MODS and DOOM atke up loads of space. :)

All you have to do is encode your videos for the gp32.

I got 2 128mb, a 64mb, and a 32mb.

I use the 128 ones for video + Bor + Smash Gp,
the 64 for snes+genesis,
and the 32 is for nes and others.

I can easily fit 2 high quality AVI files onto my 128s, or 1 on the BOR card. Or i could fit 4 Ultra High Quality Converted OGM Anime onto it.

x2 128MB, x1 16MB and x1 16MB (Dungeon & Guarder) plus x2 128MB on order (should arrive tommorow :D )

Emu (128) = Various emulators and games
Mame (128) = :D
Game (16) = Homebrew

On order (to be used for):-
Doom (128) = Doom 1 and 2 and various pwads
Game (128) = Replace Game (16)

:)

3 x 128mb cards, one with music in ogg format on it, one for all emulators and one for homebrew, interpreters and BOR. Also, I have one 16mb for Dungeon and Guarder.

i have 2 128mb smc's, one for games/ mp3s and the other for movies. I used to have another one, but i lost it :(

It depends how many roms you want to cram in for each emu. Some people like to dedicate a smc for each system. Personally I don't need that many games just yet but I have a good selection of some of the better games.

128mb smc:
*Wind-ups as main firmware, yafl also on there
*gp32 file manager
*fgb 54 games
*fsms 10 games
*little john 15 games
*os9xgp 14 games
*DrMD 37 games
*Smash GP - loads of characters added
*1 mp3
*Lazy reader and 12 e-books

Seems like plenty to be getting on with. ;)

I also have a 64mb card with Franxis Mame emu and games with a bit of space left over.

I wouldn't mind getting a couple more cards though and get some of the older systems on there. They are so small it's quite easy to carry them with the gp and changing them over is so quick. It's not like the n-gage where you have to take the battery out to change the card.

It really depends on what systems you emulate regularly. You can fit a huge amount of games for several 8-bit systems on a 128mb smc.. Where as you could only fit way less of 16 bit games.. Its plenty of space, if you have a few smcs...
Anyways..Right now im changin up my smcs..
But
Smc 1: Fgb32, Littlejohn, Osnes, Fsms, Gpengine, fmsx and probably one other emulator that im forgetting... But over 200 games between the emus...
Smc 2: Homebrew:Lacuna, Smashgp.. a whole bunch more awesome homebrew...
Smc 3: DRMD with 170 games..
Smc 4: blank...
That plenty of stuff to do... :lol:

I fnd it better to keep the tstuff that I really need on it, rather than fillin git up with loads of crap I dont use very often. Keeps it nice and clean...

GA01 posted on May 8 2005 at 03:55 PM said:
x2 128MB, x1 16MB and x1 16MB (Dungeon & Guarder) plus x2 128MB on order (should arrive tommorow :D )

Emu (128) = Various emulators and games
Mame (128) = :D
Game (16) = Homebrew

On order (to be used for):-
Doom (128) = Doom 1 and 2 and various pwads
Game (128) = Replace Game (16)

:)

ummm, you're gonna want more than 16mb for homebrew :p

Back