16gb Kingston Sdhc For $93

Umm... am I missing something here or is that not a terrible deal? You can get 16GB class 6 cards for ~$50 at newegg or amazon. Is there some special feature with this card I'm not aware of?

fail.jpg

what sucks is i bought an 8 gig last week (like $30) when I should have bought a 16 gig..oh well I think 8 gig is plenty for games. Lucasarts games seem to take the most space.

My f200 is still on it's way, I hope I set up my SDHC card right so I can just plug it in and start playing right away.

anexanhume said:
Or you could go to newegg and get a CLASS 6 16GB SDHC for under 50.00.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820211300

Dang - and I just bought 3 2GB MicroSDs from woot for $23.... (That's the full price for all three and shipping, not $23 each!)

Well, I like MicroSD better - because it's like the universal storage format. I can use the MicroSD(aka TransFlash) in my cell phone, my R4DS, my PSP (via $3 adapter), my craptastic digital camera (via included adapter), my Eee PC (via included adapter), and pretty much anywhere else via a cheap adapter. SD cards are not so flexible in usage. But a 16 GB SD card would be much better than the 20 GB laptop hard drive I've got USBed to my Eee PC with no enclosure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm? Where are you seeing 14GB compressed? If you just want the articles, without talk or history (or images/sounds/etc.) it's a 3.7GB bz2 from what I can see. Edit: I suppose it would be different if you were downloading a non-english version, but if anything I'd think that would be smaller, since the English wikipedia has the most content. /Edit

I've actually been thinking about doing that. It'd be kind of like a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Whether or not I do probably depends on whether or not 32GB class 6 sdhc cards are cheap enough by the time the Pandora comes out for me to buy two of them (right now the cheapest I can find is a class 4 on amazon for ~$130).

Back