1st batch

b1llygo4t

Im one of the poor saps that got ripped off on the first batch by CraigX.

Anyways, I got another 1st batch unit back in the day that's been sitting in storage (long story) til now. lucky enough it boots up and it seems like the battery still works. But it needs a new LCD cable and there's some cracking in the lid. It'd be nice to finally get to use this after 10 years, can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks - Billy

Hi Billy,

Unfortunately the stock of LCD Cables was depleted, I think @hns was looking at making some new ones and he'll be able to confirm.

@b_o_b ahh, I see. I suppose ill go that route.

@Eight Bit I'll take you up on that! I'm sure the silver cases had better fit and finish than the 1st batch pre-order cases did. I wonder if the 1st batch sticker has any value.

It's probably safe to assume there aren't any 1 ghz boards out there? This one is just a 600 mhz

@b_o_b ahh, I see. I suppose ill go that route.

@Eight Bit I'll take you up on that! I'm sure the silver cases had better fit and finish than the 1st batch pre-order cases did. I wonder if the 1st batch sticker has any value.

It's probably safe to assume there aren't any 1 ghz boards out there? This one is just a 600 mhz
Ok, Pm me sometime after the weekend

@b1llygo4t please mind it's a used case, it has some scuffs and wear marks.
I had a black 1st batch Pandora that I upgraded to a silver GHz model and I switched the case back to the original black one after a while.

Unfortunately the stock of LCD Cables was depleted, I think @hns was looking at making some new ones and he'll be able to confirm.
Yes, the design and samples are available since beginning of 2020 and I have built a "hell/torture machine" during lockdown times as mentioned in some other threads (that was real fun to get the windshield wiper mechanics of an old Audi A4 on eBay for 10€ and mount it to some wooden plank)... ED still wants to do some reliability tests before we can continue and order a batch of these raw flex-cables, but he seems to be overloaded with moving to the new office space (where he has space to run the machine for some days/weeks). Adding the connector and components (some capacitors and one diode) in my lab "production line" is likely done in 1-2 days so once he confirms that the design is ok it takes roughly 8 weeks to get plenty of cables.

it takes roughly 8 weeks
ohoq9.jpg

Yes, the design and samples are available since beginning of 2020 and I have built a "hell/torture machine" during lockdown times as mentioned in some other threads (that was real fun to get the windshield wiper mechanics of an old Audi A4 on eBay for 10€ and mount it to some wooden plank)... ED still wants to do some reliability tests before we can continue and order a batch of these raw flex-cables, but he seems to be overloaded with moving to the new office space (where he has space to run the machine for some days/weeks). Adding the connector and components (some capacitors and one diode) in my lab "production line" is likely done in 1-2 days so once he confirms that the design is ok it takes roughly 8 weeks to get plenty of cables.

Hi there,

are there any good news about the LCD ribbon cables?
I've used the contact formular via the dragonbox shop, but never received an answer back. Wasn't surprised since ED is a busy man, but now by accident, i've found this thread. It explains a lot :D

Luckily, my LCD cable still works "well" enough, causing lots of flickering and psychedelic colours at all usual hinge angles. Not good for gaming, but i can at least still do basic operations like using it as a music player.

According to the store, i assume the cables are not ready yet, but is there an ETA?

Thanks in advance!

Back