2 more shoulder buttons mod... anyone actually done it?

LoopStar

Hey everybody!

a few days ago I thought it'd be nice if the Pandy had two more shoulder buttons. Soldering-wise it shouldn't be a problem. The big problem here is finding push-buttons that are small enough to fit in the case (I had planned to build place them above the existing shoulder buttons). It looks pretty narrow there.

So has anyone actually done this mod before?

If so... what push buttons did you use?

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for your replies! Hmmmm... seems to be a bit difficult to do, though.

The lazy mans solution would be to glue button foil on the case at that spot. 

Whops i just had an awesome idea and yet i have no need for additional shoulder buttons. 

The lazy mans solution would be to glue button foil on the case at that spot. 

Whops i just had an awesome idea and yet i have no need for additional shoulder buttons. 
Hmmmm... button foil... that actually sounds like a nice idea! :D My plan was to use one of the two new buttons for alt+tab, the other one as  a kind of modifier key (if that's even possible) to get Umlaute when pressed together with A/O/U

äöü!!!

Yea i need that to, i would like to write a proper config but meh, too lazy.

I did the mod and it works pretty well.

I only use original Pandora spares.

I did cut the Shoulder button plastic to make it fit and used the Pandora micro switches for the buttons.

The hardest part was to cut the housing to make everything work nicely.

(I smashed 6-7 before I got a proper working one).

The fine tuning is everything.

I did the mod and it works pretty well.

I only use original Pandora spares.

I did cut the Shoulder button plastic to make it fit and used the Pandora micro switches for the buttons.

The hardest part was to cut the housing to make everything work nicely.

(I smashed 6-7 before I got a proper working one).

The fine tuning is everything.
Thanks a lot foor your reply! So I guess I'm going to reconcider if I'll do it or not, since I don't have spare cases lying around.

Well you dont buy full cases but only parts so its not THAT expensive. 1.60€ for shoulder buttons, 2.50€ for said case part, 5€ fee is where it starts.  Have fun smashing them. 

Back