2 Player With Usb Controller

myshadow

Still Fresh
i was wondering if anybody has tried using two controllers that are attached with only one usb connector for 2 player games? ive seen controllers on ebay that have two cords going to one usb and i was wondering if these would work

i have a mp8866 dual usb convertor . you can use it to attach 2 psx or ps2 controllers on one usb port. It didn't work at first with SDL but it did afterwards when i modified some of the code. so there's only basic support for it at least in SDL atm. i haven't tried it with any other program since i don't actually use my gp2x for playing games but i could test it out for you if you like. What program /game did you have in mind ?

joyrider said:
i have a mp8866 dual usb convertor . you can use it to attach 2 psx or ps2 controllers on one usb port. It didn't work at first with SDL but it did afterwards when i modified some of the code. so there's only basic support for it at least in SDL atm. i haven't tried it with any other program since i don't actually use my gp2x for playing games but i could test it out for you if you like. What program /game did you have in mind ?

i dont think i was quite clear enough. these controllers have a cord coming out of each controller that become a single cord with a singe usb plug. its not a usb hub or box. im just wondering if they will work the same as two seperate usb controllers on an emulated game that supports 2 players.
thanks for the effort

Last edited by a moderator:
myshadow said:
i dont think i was quite clear enough. these controllers have a cord coming out of each controller that become a single cord with a singe usb plug. its not a usb hub or box. im just wondering if they will work the same as two seperate usb controllers on an emulated game that supports 2 players.
thanks for the effort
It will probably work like a USB hub... but I couldn't be certain about that.
I know my PS2 Adaptor shows two USB controllers with the joytest application... I don't know if that's any help to you though.

Last edited by a moderator:
trooper said:
A picture tell`s a thousand words.

Trooper
dblshocksjoystick1.jpg

Features

* Ergonomically shaped for comfort and control during game play
* USB interface
* Supports plug and play
* With dual shock function
* Shares one single USB connection
* Dual fighting setting