its been discussed 10001 times
just dont take it personally when/if people yell at you for this

and guys, dont yell at him
just use read the forum rules ok??
thx buddy

o ya, welcome to the scene

~Octavious

nice save octavious! :D

and dcware, the reason it doesn't work has something to do with the fact the GP32 is pre-programmed to only read cards up to 128MB. So even if it worked you'd only be able to access the first 128MB.. Or something along those lines. If you want more info on it you can attempt to search the boards cause thats all I remember about it!

well there's actually 2 reasons...

first, yes, the GP32 programming wont recognize anything over 128

secondly, all cards up to 128 run off of 3.3 volts, what the gp32 outputs to the card
all cards 256 and up run off of 5v, and it just wont work electricly

However...
GPLinux is progressing slowly, and they can read off of USB drives, so if you know anthing about coding for Linux, dont worry, only a few do, so its OK if ya dont, but ya could help them get it to the point where we can actually use that space

o ya, no problem
the more people we get to the scene and the more buy GP32's, then the longer Game park stays around

longer they stay around.... well.... Ill save that for another discussion B)

~Octavious

trooper isn't banned
he wrote that in himself
it is obvious
the font is to big to be an edit
plus gennmx isn't that mean
and it shows up in the add a post section normal edits wont show up (i think)

Okay but... would it work to use 128MB, 3.3v XD cards? Are all 128MB cards (XD, SD, MMC, CF) 3.3v?

How (un)popular and common are the XD cards? I'm asking because as most everyone knows by now SMC's are on the way out, and will eventually be hard to get, I imagine. Not that I'm worried about it now, but since some people have mentioned they do seem to 'wear out' after awhile... just wondering what I might be able to do for replacements.

Is there already some kind of adapter for using SD cards in a SMC port? I dont care about the 128MB limit....

Isn't posing as generalnmx offence punished by banning?

Oh, I think, when I asked about XD-SMC converters/adapters, someone told me that they work, atleast the 128MB's. I wonder where I could get a converter...

Octavious posted on Dec 21 2004 at 11:50 PM said:
GPLinux is progressing slowly, and they can read off of USB drives, so if you know anthing about coding for Linux, dont worry, only a few do, so its OK if ya dont, but ya could help them get it to the point where we can actually use that space

Yes, we are lacking time... check the topic titled 'apache' in the GPLinux board for latest news...

I was able to ping my GP32, telnet to it, and swap on another SMC (to summarize).

I managed to mout an NFS server as well, giving me access to my whole hardrive.

If anyone interested, please get involved!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back