3 more no wifi units available

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
3 more no wifi units are available this week.

They come with a USB wifi stick (which is far superior to the internal chip).

They have the new nubs and new LCD cable.

They are $330+ shipping and I'll include a spare battery with them.

PM me if you're interested. These ones are probably the last ones I can make, unless

CC ever send us back the ones we returned.

Nope i don't understand, but some french bus are waited for hours, then two come at the same time ^^. Is it three in UK ?

Why do they always come by three ^^ ?

i suppose its the same as the french 2, but what happens is the buses run regularly enough so that if the first is delayed then the second overtakes and becomes full because of the people waiting for the first. So the second which is now full is first and the first is now second and empty and thus stops more to pick people up allowing the third to set off. thus is you are 3/4 of the way or more through the route then 3 of the same bus will appear within a minute or so of each other.

I already PMed you about details. I can give you more info about my order number. I can't say much hear for privacy reasons.

How is the USB dongle "better"?

Maybe if it uses Draft-N 2.0 or Dual Band technology, but the USB 2.0 port is going to be a bottleneck for Rx+Tx transfers, and not to mention that it would take up the USB port on the back and stick out (I assume it's a long dongle). A USB hub would remedy that problem, while decreasing practical portability.

Also, $330 for an Original model with no Wi-FI? I may have considered it if it was the German manufactured one.

So I'm going to pass on this one, sorry. My Ben NanoNote already is crippled with no Wi-Fi. and the SDIO card option in that device gets rid of the Debian installation I have on the SD card.

How is the USB dongle "better"?

Maybe if it uses Draft-N 2.0 or Dual Band technology, but the USB 2.0 port is going to be a bottleneck for Rx+Tx transfers, and not to mention that it would take up the USB port on the back and stick out (I assume it's a long dongle). A USB hub would remedy that problem, while decreasing practical portability.

Also, $330 for an Original model with no Wi-FI? I may have considered it if it was the German manufactured one.

So I'm going to pass on this one, sorry. My Ben NanoNote already is crippled with no Wi-Fi. and the SDIO card option in that device gets rid of the Debian installation I have on the SD card.
Nope, it's a mini dongle that fits pretty well at the back of the OP.

About the Wi-fi bandwidth, you should know that top speeds are only theoretical. With ethernet, the first basic rule is to divide the speed by a factor 2. For instance, a 100Mb network is capped to 50M/s of packets with true data. If you go beyond, it's only packet retransmission that fills the other side of this 50Ms/s limit, because of the collisions.

Well you can carry a hub with you, but not everybody may need this.

its better because most people are lucky to get 100kb/sec out of the circuit co internal wifi with constant dropped connections

its better because most people are lucky to get 100kb/sec out of the circuit co internal wifi with constant dropped connections
Well, I'm talking in terms of LAN, not the outside Internet.

Nope, it's a mini dongle that fits pretty well at the back of the OP.

About the Wi-fi bandwidth, you should know that top speeds are only theoretical. With ethernet, the first basic rule is to divide the speed by a factor 2. For instance, a 100Mb network is capped to 50M/s of packets with true data. If you go beyond, it's only packet retransmission that fills the other side of this 50Ms/s limit, because of the collisions.

Well you can carry a hub with you, but not everybody may need this.

I suppose. I don't really know a lot about networking, but I'm learning. Gigabit over LAN is suffecient for file transfering I guess. My HP machines don't have free software Ethernet drivers for their ports. One is from Broadcom and another is from Intel, so I use TP-Link Atheros wireless NICs. There's tricks that server admins use like NAS, eSATA and VM Bridging. I know that they are theoretical speeds, even HDD R/W access for file cacheing is a bottleneck. But it's too bad America can't have the "superior" South Korean upload/download speeds.

Without going too off topic, i'll just say that for now. Probably the unit batch here are possibly going to be sold out now. No point really in posting here now.

Well, I'm talking in terms of LAN, not the outside Internet.

So is he, unfortunately :/ The internal wifi performs really poorly and that's why a dongle is preferable.

Even if the damn thing worked reliably the internal SD connection would probably not be faster than USB2, afaik it's limited to 200Mbit/s.

If it even works at all. On kernel 2.6, I'm one of the lucky ones who can get a steady 600 kB/s transfer speed. On kernel 3.2, I get a few packages before the connection drops. I'm getting a WiFi-stick in the hope that it at least will be a consistent experience for me.

Back