3 Question Wishlist

foggp2x

Still Fresh
Dear Gp2xers,

I just got a Gp2x for my birthday. And I must say that I had a day or two learning curve when I was worried about if I had asked for the wrong thing for my birthday. But now thanks to you all I am enjoying Quake, Rott, and every other NES game I have ever owned, and am having a great time. Thank you!!!

I have a few questions though...

1. The first one is about games. Has anyone ever ported 'Raptor call of the Shadows'? (I like it so much I bought it again a few years ago) I think it would work wonderfully if we can pull off ROTT why not an older Apogee game?
Also I was wondering if anyone had ever ported or made work Warcraft or Starcraft? Especially with the 200's ability to use the stylus it may become a very playable set of games.

2. Since this thing runs on Linux and I have a Cradle I was wondering if anyone has gotten OPEN OFFICE to work on it. I would like to us this machine for more than gaming (I know I am an older geek, sorry to show my age) but one of the main reasons I purchased this machine was to read E books while listening to music. So a program like open office which is native to Linux would be awesome.

3. If Open office is not a possibility I was wondering what you would recommend for a PDF viewer and a word editor. these are my only two needs. However, I would like other add-ons like a calendar/planner, notes, and internet access (Namely my own microcomputer).

I know I may be asking for a lot here but I was hoping some of you may be able to lead me in the right direction.

Thank you again for your time and a great forum for discovering all this little wonder can do.

well I dunno know if anyone told or if you found out already but raptor cannot be ported. NO source code...same with starcraft....dude open office is one things that can't run on gp2x...as open office uses a bunch of resources that gp2x doesn't have...

I believe xpdf and we have a file manager on gp2x archive...

if you need a schmup grab fba2x and play dodonpachi you won't regret it. or grab capex and play gigawing.

Thanks for the heads up on the programs

I Did play DD and it is great! It runs very well on the gp2x (A little short though and I did not feel that it had the strategy I wanted)

I also found an app For calendar, e books, PDF's, and web browsing. It is called Qtopia, and short of a few glitches and an untested external keyboard / mouse, and wifi connection. it is everything I have been looking for.

If any one is interested here is a link to it here http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,1,0,0,8,1361 (seriously easy setup also.)

I want to say thank you again for the reply.

By the way is their a windows emulator that could play some of the older games? or even a dos one that can read .EXE files?

1. The first one is about games. Has anyone ever ported 'Raptor call of the Shadows'? (I like it so much I bought it again a few years ago) I think it would work wonderfully if we can pull off ROTT why not an older Apogee game?

Actually, I was working on a clone of Raptor, but I've decided to give it to the community to see if anyone wants to do it instead.

Rafkill website said:
Rafkill 1.2.1 released. I changed the name from Raptor to Rafkill to avoid legal issues with Raptor: Call of the Shadows which Rafkill is based on. This release is a major bugfix to 1.2.0 which was quite buggy. New/interesting features are planned for 1.3.0.
Here! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks All I will try to think inside the Bochs (By the way does ram speed have anything to do with machine output? Can some slower apps be sped up with faster ram?)

I am also having troubles getting my Dock to output video and use usb items but I will hold those questions until I have Browsed the forums more (I am sure they are here some where)

thank again for all the help an feed back.

p.s Thank you for trying a port of Raptor. Id there anywhere I can go to learn about porting my games into this language I would love to learn more about this typeo of programing.

Thanks.

Back