Wishlist: Voip And Others

Viranimus

Still Fresh
I admittedly am new to all this, I am picking up things relatively quickly.

I dont know what sort of progression there is on these things, but this is what I feel could greatly improve the caanoo and its overall functionallity.

1: Port of a more standardized web browser like firefox mobile or the like.
2: VOIP program based off of one of the many opensource VOIP platforms
3: Port of IM functionallity, Ideally something akin to trillian (but more likely Pidgin)
4: A way to curb my impatience for the PSX emulator that is seemingly only weeks away now
5: BLIGHT! It would be nice for there to be an autoblight protocol in order to conserve energy even when not in locked Music playback mode.
6: GPS (perhaps GPH could release an optional USB GPS transponder dongle with its own proprietary software, as I know ive never had much luck finding open source GPS software/hardware
7: Mini encyclopedia program. It doesnt have to be as big as wikipedia but an abbreviated program would be nice
8: Virtual keyboard overlay. If its there ive yet to be able to activate it in the Caanoos main system. Something that can be activated over top of running programs.
9: For it to print money
10 A more functional music juke program, Ideally with visualizations to show off what the caanoo can do.

Im not entirely sure, I would assume some of this is already being looked at. Ive only just started looking at the file structures utilized in the caanoo, so its going to take a while before I would be ready to start trying to put anything together on my own. Learning something completely new to you can sometimes be a slow moving process and by the time I figure out how to create these things on my own, Most of them will likely already be made and likely made better than I ever could. Just my thoughts, take them for as worthless as they are.

Pretty much any sort of online-enabled program, like a Skype-like service, a Mail program, a Web browser, or even an App store would be useful to me.

Back