Wishlist

Invictus

Still Fresh
Ok, The caanoo is awesome, especially now that ginge allows access to a more expansive library of content.

However there are still some basic items the caanoo needs.

1: A text editor that recognizes attached usb keyboards. This is something that is really holding the caanoo versatility back and unless i miss my guess its not even all that much to write

2: This is a little more complex because it would basically have to be written as a part of firmware. But there absolutely needs to be a form of blight control for the display with adjustable fade to black on idle delays. Having the screen always lit is not good for the health of the screen and makes for absolutely horrible battery life.

3: An alternate music player with a good shuffle algorithm. The default music players shuffle isnt entirely bad except there is technically one base shuffle pattern that will be repeated after you play the first song of your choosing upon start up. The only way to get it to shuffle in a different pattern is to turn shuffle off, advance a track, then turn shuffle back on. However once the device is powered down, it reverts back to the default shuffle pattern.
There well might be ginge based players, but having to run a shell program overtop of the base program from what ive experienced results in studdered playback and is not a beneficial arrangement for use. (especially if you are connecting the device to a aux jack in a car as having its OS more complex is not condusive to its use while driving.

Anyway... Personally I hope to see these things soon. #1 is an absolute must in my book. 2, is a major need, but having waited this long we can wait a bit longer, and deal with work arounds. 3 is a secondary wish, but it really feels like one that should have came out of the box, considering mp3 playback is one of the devices core functionallities.

Anyway, thank you for listening. I hope to see these things, and All the best to the community. You guys are what is right with gaming right now.

Back