Music Player Concept


Trevsweb

Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2003
Messages
564
Age
36
Right theres lots of things going on lately but just been playing around with a mockup of what i would love to see from a pandora specific mp3 player
this idea came up because im driving alot and would love to ditch my busted ipod for the pandora... however the current limitation of the music players out there is that the buttons are tiny and will likely involve a traffic offence when fiddling with them.
the requirement to just set up quickly the tracks i want to hear (while parked) then be able to skip and pause songs at a quick tap of the screen (no styus)

came up with a semi-funny name for the project PandaPause (PandPaws)... anyway check out the design

I'm Not a developer so would love someone to code or organise a team to build this.
Please feel free to give me a shout if your interested :)

Concept of the main music playing interface (fullscreen)

musicplayer.jpg


Concept of the library found via the eject button on the player interface

the three shuffle buttons change the library window occording to the selection
album shuffle will require just an artist selection
shuffle all will bounce you back to the player shuffling all songs in the music directory
normal play will allow you to play specific tracks, artists or albums
musicplayermenu.jpg


would be awesome to get some feedback and maybe a hope at helping someone develop this into a real app!
i used some images from google image namely the smoke background effect and the shuffle icon, but i have a friend who can get take a great smoke effect photo and i will eventually design my own arrow icon
 

Caine

Hardcore Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2008
Messages
4,138
Location
Netherlands
Looks quite nice.

I would make the left panel slightly more compact and extend the Songs over the full length though.
 

MarkoeZ

arr matey?
Joined
May 21, 2008
Messages
1,183
Age
41
Website
projectinfinity.org.uk
Hmm, that does not look that difficult to code, and i'd like some ultra light weight music player. If nobody more qualified than me picks it up, i might give it a try. Don't expect slick coding then though, im more of a "If it works, It's good" guy ;)
 

Prometheus

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2008
Messages
9,475
That GUI would be incredibly convenient whilst travelling. I like it, too. :D
 

Trevsweb

Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2003
Messages
564
Age
36
MarkoeZ said:
Hmm, that does not look that difficult to code, and i'd like some ultra light weight music player. If nobody more qualified than me picks it up, i might give it a try. Don't expect slick coding then though, im more of a "If it works, It's good" guy ;)

my motto is don't pass up an excellent offer :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

XxionxX

Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2010
Messages
551
Age
34
Location
Santa Rosa, CA
Website
www.mcdonaldranch.org
Trevsweb said:
MarkoeZ said:
Hmm, that does not look that difficult to code, and i'd like some ultra light weight music player. If nobody more qualified than me picks it up, i might give it a try. Don't expect slick coding then though, im more of a "If it works, It's good" guy ;)

my motto is don't pass up an excellent offer :)

I concur with both of these statements.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

bce23w

Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2010
Messages
273
HackModford said:
I like. That's exactly what I want with a media player for the Pandora...

What I want is the ability to fast forward and rewind by rolling the nubs like my thumbs on the turntables.

But your thing looks pretty cool too.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

paddy

Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
784
Website
Visit site
I thought we had a dirty port of xbmc ? that would be great for media playback with large buttons for the touch screen but also what about ubuntu notebook remix also a great choice for the small screen so if we could integrate media playback on to that somewhere it would be very nice.

I am mostly praying for xbmc tho as it will be sooo good looking on the Pandora ,i would hope that mini menu at some point ends up being like xbmc with media playback running in the background ,the future is blinding with the Pandora. B)

And btw that mockup you made looks superb !
 

Asiyura

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2009
Messages
1,496
Age
38
Location
France
I think the best would be a skinnable interface (like pangea, pmenu, etc or rockbox).
That way those that want big buttons, get a skin with it, etc…

And that skin looks great, congrats!
 

Polossatik

I reject your reality and substitute my own
Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Messages
477
Location
Belgium
Website
Visit site
The problem with a lot of these projects is that they become fast "fat" , added functionality and skinning options and so on.
I've been looking for my N800 for ages a "simple" MP3 player that just works with *basic* shuffle stuff... most (like Canola) are just to fat / slow.

your proposal is just damn nice. Please keep it simple, very simple and fast.
 

Fzero

Advanced Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2010
Messages
4,703
The playbar at 1min is a bit out of sync with the timing of the 5min track a bit.. But besides that.. ;)
joke! joke!
It looks bloody nice man, perfect for in the car, I want this too

what would be a nice touch would be if when you are dragging the playbar with your finger, you can currently see the min:sec that you at just above can't you, it would be good if you could make the album picture change to display the min:sec in BIG digital text, same size as that album cover, so you can see where you at [if you reached that good tune at 31:25 in yet] with just a quick glance ... Again so not crashing looking at the smaller number just above the playbar.
That said, doing such a feature would maybe make the app slower and ruin things?
 

shadow.8

Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
211
This is very cool. I love the interface. Thanks for your work!

Could this be made into a skin for another program like mplayer?
 

grasshoppir

Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2003
Messages
220
Age
39
Location
Sweden
Website
Visit site
paddy said:
I thought we had a dirty port of xbmc ? that would be great for media playback with large buttons for the touch screen but also what about ubuntu notebook remix also a great choice for the small screen so if we could integrate media playback on to that somewhere it would be very nice.

I am mostly praying for xbmc tho as it will be sooo good looking on the Pandora ,i would hope that mini menu at some point ends up being like xbmc with media playback running in the background ,the future is blinding with the Pandora. B)

And btw that mockup you made looks superb !
xbmc is too bloated and there are better/smaller music players. xbmc is supposed to run fullscreen on your tv
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tensuke

Active Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
790
Location
Savannah, GA
Looks great! I'd use it.
I'd also use a player that looks/works like Windows Media Player...
Or heck, foobar!
 
Top