32mb Ram Mod, Better?

Nothing supports it, so nothing runs better, linux has plans to as an option but nothing as of yet.

Not really no, because it only ups the access memory, so thing may get a speed increase, but only after much optimisation which wouldn't be worth the tiny minority

Charga: No, it would not make it faster, just have better support due to needing more RAM to load the games into memory

Rattboi posted on Apr 3 2005 at 01:32 AM said:
Erm, you are the professional here, but don´t you think a GP Advance version that would support 32MB of RAM would run extremely much faster? The reason for f.i. Warioland 4 being unplayable is dynamical loading, which is, due to the structure of the ROM, being used more than 2 times per frame. Dynamical loading, in turn, is necessary because most GBA ROMs are too big to be loaded into the GP32 RAM entirely. So if i had a GP32 with 32MB RAM and if there were a GP Advance version that would use this amount to load ROMs entirely, there would be no necessity to use dynamic loading, what would make things a lot more faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
DemonStar55 posted on Apr 3 2005 at 05:54 PM said:
wouldnt it just allow bigger games and not make them run faster

and wouldnt it allow for more stuff to go on too

i was thinking the same. like a better and more powerful firmware which has all the capabilities like the gps/bought separately and stuff like that...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back