3D Head Tracking on Pandora?

Nitrozzy7

Still Fresh
https://www.youtube.com/embed/8SDGG9HhbgQ?feature=oembed
I was wondering if you can make Pandora to generate 3D images via a IR camera with head tracking technology. If you can then please incorporate it to the overall design of the Pandora either as a peripheral (like the Go! Camera for the PSP) or as a integrated camera like in DS.

With Head Tracking enabled it won't need the use of any LED mounted glasses or any glasses for that matter. It will make Pandora even more cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
What would you do with it?

This technology has been around for several years now, but no one has done anything with it because no one can really think of anything to do with it other than cool looking demos.

Headtracking won't create stereoscopic 3D images like 3DS or 3D tv + glasses. It just facilitates the perspective correction based on the location of the viewer's eyes (head). You only get the 3D effect by moving your head around and looking at the picture from different angles.

You only get the 3D effect by moving your head around and looking at the picture from different angles.
And it only does that for one person at a time, anyway.

It would be pretty strange in an FPS. If you move your head right, does the gun follow, or does your aim get screwed up?

Do you have to keep your head lined up with the gun sights?

Why do people obsess over 3D technologies?

Also, not to be a dick, but the "overall design" of the Pandora has been set for years now. You would be very, very lucky if a third party created some kind of webcam library that did headtracking in software (And took a lot of CPU time away from the game?), and you could buy a USB webcam to stick on the Pandora, but I don't think OPT will care about this.

I think an accelerometer or g-sensor would be much more usable and efficient than a head-tracking device. What can you do with a head tracking device? Read manga at different angles (lol)? With an accelerometer, you can play Kirby's Tilt 'n' Tumble :p I wonder how Missile Command would look like with an accelerometer...

Back