.-.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
I remember September 2001 quite vividly, because it was one of the worse days and months of my life.

After having just broken up with my first fiancé (on my birthday, the 13th of August) I was a broken 23 year old man. I didn't know what to do with my life anymore, because all I ever knew was Ayako.

She was my world and I was hers, but I unfortunately I was one of those douche bag type of guys back then.

Anyway, fast-forward to late August 2001 when I finally decided to quit my shitty full-time job and sell all my video games I was ready to move on from the break-up.

Incidentally, mid 2000 I had read about the successor to the N64 (Project Dolphin) in EDGE Magazine, so I also had an excuse to restart my video game collection and head off to Japan again to attend Project Dolphin's (Nintendo GameCube) 14th of September launch.

Fast-forward once more to around September 7th when I touched-down in Akihabara, Tokyo. Japan wasn't new to me, because I had already previously been there twice prior, but I must admit that back then I didn't know how to read or write in Japanese and only knew a few Japanese phrase, etc.

With only around $2000 in my pocket, I was in a dangerous situation, but I accepted the fact that the trip was totally unplanned and disorganized.

There were still several days before the Nintendo GameCube launch and I was staying at some dodgy backpacker joint in Asakusa, but had nothing much else to do but procrastinate, so out of pure boredom I decided to walk around Tokyo to chase some Japanese tail.

After some unsuccessful attempts at 'the art of nanpa' due to my lack of the local language and stuff I walked passed a small building with a couple of Chinese honeys asking me to enter their establishment. Having been mesmerized at their beauty I automatically followed my second brain and followed them.

I met this Chinese Pimp who spoke some English. He then he explained to me what I can and can't have and only then I immediately knew that it was not a massage parlor, but actually a rub 'n' tug slash slip 'em an extra ichi man en and then it'll turn into a brothel kind of 'legal' establishment.

Anywhoot~ Many hours later and 2 sessions, wham bam, thank you mam and I was tired. It was night time already and the Pimp was kind enough to have let me sleep over in a room on some sort of uncomfortable stretcher of some sort...beggers can't be choosers, I thought to myself back then. Twas an expensive all-in-one package, I suppose.

The next morning, I found myself with a bad back and a little cranky due to the crappy sleep that I had. Around $500 lighter, I was thanked and ushered out.

I walked around looking for accommodation, but

TBC

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back