A Bedtime Story For You All

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdh2550

Picture a burning building (the TARDIS, perhaps?).

Picture three intrepid folks forming a bucket brigade and tipping one bucket of water after another on the flames. Slowly the flames are going out - but there's still a lot of damage being done.

Someone comes along with a fire engine and says "Excuse me, would you like to use my fire engine?".

"We don't have time! We're busy" they all shout.

"No really, it's a very nice fire engine, I'll let you use it for free, heck I'll even man the hose myself" the guy asks again.

They grumble at him and try and ignore him. But, true, the guy with the fire engine is a bit stubborn so he says "Perhaps you don't understand that a fire engine can be very useful for problems like this?"

Now, this time, instead of the three folks who are putting out the fire one bucket at a time a couple of real smart folks walking down the street wonder over and start accosting the guy with the fire engine "Look are you fookin stoopid or summit? They told you they're too busy trying to put out this fire"

Then, one of the guys who is putting out the fire wanders over and says "All of you just shut up I don't want to talk about this fire problem anymore. I answered all your questions when I said "we're too busy". I'm chief fire marshall in this town and if I don't want to use a fire engine I don't have to. Now, if you'll excuse me I have another bucket of water to hurl".

Happy roasting (this is meant in jest).

It is too early for bed. But author will ignite the fire on your house

amazing story, i'm sure there's a moral in there somewhere.

let me guess - you have a bank, no?

Your story is amusing, totally fictitious, and not based on the events of the thread which was just closed.
Also, starting a new thread which is an obvious rebuttal to a thread that was just closed in an entirely new thread is probably not a smart idea.
Chip, please be around somewhere so you can close this thread before it explodes in the metaphorical fire that the TARDIS is apparently made of.

This is starting to become some advanced form of trolling. Better step back.

IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
By the time you unroll your hoses and hook into the water mains, the fire will have burnt itself out. Thread closed. Do not start another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back