Help: Which Of You Have An F200 With A Working Version Of Frodo2x?

ak47hkk

Still Fresh
Does frodo2x work on your F200 with firmware 4.0? Mine boots the program but the games always have the fire button stuck. If people who own an F200 with frodo2x working without this problem, then I will exchange my gp2x for another one. Please make sure before replying to this post that you too have an F200 and please tell me which firmware version you're running and any other relevant noteworthy pieces of info.

If you want to be an extra help to me, you could test it with Monty on the run, and tell me if:

1. The game always starts by itself. (behaviour = like the fire button pushes itself)

2. Monty always jumps (behaviour = like the fire button is pushing itself and is obviously "stuck")

Please make sure that not only frodo2x works but that the fire button does not exhibit the problems that mine does. If your frodo2x works with Monty on the run on your F200 Firmware 4.0, and the character doesnt always jump, then I will return my gp2x f200, and perhaps buy another one. This is a nightmare. I realise my other post is similar but I don't think theres any other boards I can go to for help on this, and I really am stuck here.....like my fire button in frodo! :)

It's worth mentioning that my gp2x F200 plays other emulators fine, apart from drpocketsnes 6.4.3 which gets stuck at the rom selection screen despite my efforts to follow the instructions step by step over and over again. I've tried 3 different memory cards and frodo2x is still not working. Ok small print over. Please help!

Dave, Aberdeen, UK

if your gp2x is fine in everything else i would guess that there isn't a problem with the unit

Installed frodo2x from the archive. Used this version of Monty to test:

Length Method Size Ratio Date Time CRC-32 Attr Name
------ ------ ----- ----- ---- ---- -------- ---- ----
5758 DeflatX 3534 39% 04-02-1999 20:57 b47e10a9 --wa Monty_on_the_Run.sid
174848 DeflatX 51119 71% 11-21-1994 21:06 15312df0 --wa Monty_on_the_Run.d64
53740 DeflatX 36321 33% 09-02-1992 14:07 8e984650 --wa Monty_on_the_Run.prg
------ ------ --- -------
234346 90974 62% 3

Works fine with 1541 turned on.

I'd say before returning, try other stuff. Does you standard gp2x menu work? Does gmenu2x work? Do other emulators work?

Maybe start with a fresh install of frodo and try again.

Hi guys, thanks for your response. I've tried installing frodo2x on 3 different SD cards, all with the same result.

As far as other emulators go, all the ones I've tested work so far, apart from drpocketsnes 6.4.3.

I think it's worth noting that I have an F200 of this type:

2008.02.11 GP2XV006 - 00001761

Perhaps also worth mentioning that I'm using a genuine Sandisk 1gb SD card purchased from a local shop (not a knockoff Sandisk clone).

I will investigate with gmenu2x.....so far this is untested.

Well I've tried re-installing the firmware on the gp2x, which was successfully done, and this problem with monty always jumping is still there. I obviously re-installed everything, I even installed the emulator and game from my pc instead of from my mac. I've tried it all. This gp2x f200 will not play c64 games properly. I'm tempted to buy another gp2x because I just cant face having a PSP. And I dont want to wait for Pandora because that's just too easy and the cowards way out. I'm totally frustrated.

Dave

Call me insane but I've just ordered another F200. I'll let you all know if this problem with my new F200 is in fact an epidemic disease of 2008 January GP2X F200's.

Back